Lt. Commander
# 11
07-03-2011, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorra
Second that! Though in all seriousness I play the kdf more these days than the fed.
Play only KDF past year, cant stand blue, caitians, stupidest chat and people on esd , cant stand anything FED.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-03-2011, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
if you only want KDF players to answer then this would have been better in the KDF subsection of the forums.

as others have said creating a thread that says only KDF players can post here is not going to go over well with players or even the mods.

and as others have said not everybody who plays the game will come to the forums. if 30 people post here saying they have KDF as their main it tells you nothing because you dont know the number of people in total who play the game or the number of people who have not posted their comments. this thread is largely pointless because what ever information you get does not tell you the whole picture.
I think you've had a sense of humour failure. To me it looks like the OP is trying to raise awareness of KDF in a light hearted manner which is suitable for general discussion. However you're doing exactly what he's complaining about which is trying to put the downers on a thread that doesn't directly support the majority of the players.

It would have been more polite to let him have his fun and not 'rain' on the parade.

Next I'd like to address this idea that's been gathering momentum on this board and others which is that forums don't represent the 'true' players. This is a logical fallacy and an example of poor thinking typified by the 'no true Scotsman' idea: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_scotsman

While the forums are a subset of the playerbase they do represent the playerbase to a sufficient degree that one can use them for a good enough estimate once one takes into account the typical biases amongst forum posters. Arguing that a forum is entirely unrepresentative of the playerbase is an obvious logical fallacy.

and lastly, I do play mostly KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-03-2011, 02:46 AM
You know there is a "Klingon Gameplay" forum which would be a better place for this post. I personaly wish to see the Kzinti rise again!
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-03-2011, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yavin_Prime View Post
You know there is a "Klingon Gameplay" forum which would be a better place for this post. I personaly wish to see the Kzinti rise again!
Wish it were possible for the Kzinti to be in the game, especially in the form they were planned for a 'Trek novel ("Lions of the Night") that was never made.
They would have probably looked a bit more like this:

http://www.btinternet.com/~ady1971/kzinti_star_trek.jpg

License issues are so nasty sometimes...
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-03-2011, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Wish it were possible for the Kzinti to be in the game, especially in the form they were planned for a 'Trek novel ("Lions of the Night") that was never made.
They would have probably looked a bit more like this:

http://www.btinternet.com/~ady1971/kzinti_star_trek.jpg

License issues are so nasty sometimes...
yeah we should definatly bring Kzinti into the game, we can recruit Soran to lead starfleet in a campaign against them.

(a cookie for the first person to get the referance)
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-03-2011, 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robingbrown View Post
I think you've had a sense of humour failure. To me it looks like the OP is trying to raise awareness of KDF in a light hearted manner which is suitable for general discussion. However you're doing exactly what he's complaining about which is trying to put the downers on a thread that doesn't directly support the majority of the players.

It would have been more polite to let him have his fun and not 'rain' on the parade.

Next I'd like to address this idea that's been gathering momentum on this board and others which is that forums don't represent the 'true' players. This is a logical fallacy and an example of poor thinking typified by the 'no true Scotsman' idea: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_scotsman

While the forums are a subset of the playerbase they do represent the playerbase to a sufficient degree that one can use them for a good enough estimate once one takes into account the typical biases amongst forum posters. Arguing that a forum is entirely unrepresentative of the playerbase is an obvious logical fallacy.

and lastly, I do play mostly KDF.
players generally dont like being told 'i only want a certain group to post here' its also something the mods have stated as well. the forums are for everybody. in fact asking only KDF players and not feds limits the information you get. If 100 people post and 30 say klingons you can at least guess 30% of the players play klingons as their main. it wont be that accurate but it tells you something. as this thread currently stands it tells you nothing.

i never said that the forums dont represent true players. what i said is that not everybody who plays the game posts here. there could be 20'000 KDF players for all i know. having 30 or 40 people post here tells you nothing in the grand scheme. I like facts and figures as much as anyone but i fail to see what the point of this thread is the way its set out. i would argue the same if it had been about fed players.

maybe it is light-hearted, and maybe im being pedantic but if your going to try and gather information then at least try and do it properly.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-03-2011, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
yeah we should definatly bring Kzinti into the game, we can recruit Soran to lead starfleet in a campaign against them.

(a cookie for the first person to get the referance)
http://kzinti.rpgresource.org/index.php?page=post&id=18

And fan material from around the 'net would be even less likely than the already impossible-to-get Kzinti.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-03-2011, 05:59 AM
The Undine Lunatic has brought Undine goodies for all....

*Klingon head = 500 EC
*Pet Orion = 1000 EC
*A Peice of Qu'nos after it goes boom = 1,000,000 EC
Lt. Commander
# 19 I state nothing
07-03-2011, 05:59 AM
Just try to figure out how many KDF is there on game play .
But debating on who is or who is not aloud is bashing the respect and the tread .
But it was meant as a small joke, because I can't tell anyone not to react or not .
Well I leave it to that just like to know who is playing with Klingon toon .
Just like to check if the KDF lacks people to make content for and maybe I used the wrong words to ask the people next time I certainly will think this true !!!

Greets
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-03-2011, 07:51 AM
I'll add a +11 and /10chars for Kzinti!