Lt. Commander
# 1 Promoting to Vice Admiral
07-09-2011, 05:52 PM
I am having an issue. I am currently a Rear Admiral Upper Half, Level 6. According to my skills, I have 100 skill points to go before I can be promoted to Vice Admiral. However no matter what mission I play, I no longer accumulate skill points. Crew skill points continue to collect, but main character points do not. Is this a but, or have reached the skill limit for the character, thus not able to promote to Vice Admiral.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-09-2011, 05:56 PM
All points you now collect go directly to your Bridge Officer pool. To reach Vice Admiral, you'll have to spec that last 100 points into a skill. Once you're at VA, you can just respec your points if you don't like what you're left with.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tick0
All points you now collect go directly to your Bridge Officer pool. To reach Vice Admiral, you'll have to spec that last 100 points into a skill. Once you're at VA, you can just respec your points if you don't like what you're left with.
saw your advice to vice admiral promotion. Like the other dude, I need 100 points to reach vice admiral rank and have 100 skill points that i cant use because skills cost over 100. However all new points go directly to my officers not allowing me to acheive the last 100 points needed to reach vice admiral rank. Exactly how do i get the points to promote?
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-10-2011, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Federation2010 View Post
saw your advice to vice admiral promotion. Like the other dude, I need 100 points to reach vice admiral rank and have 100 skill points that i cant use because skills cost over 100. However all new points go directly to my officers not allowing me to acheive the last 100 points needed to reach vice admiral rank. Exactly how do i get the points to promote?
Spend the 100 points left to any low level skill jsut to get promote, you can respec you rcharacter later if you feel you need it.
Lt. Commander
# 5 vice admiral promotion
07-10-2011, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDO
I am having an issue. I am currently a Rear Admiral Upper Half, Level 6. According to my skills, I have 100 skill points to go before I can be promoted to Vice Admiral. However no matter what mission I play, I no longer accumulate skill points. Crew skill points continue to collect, but main character points do not. Is this a but, or have reached the skill limit for the character, thus not able to promote to Vice Admiral.
same situation as you. 100 points needed for new vice admiral rank. All new mission points going to my officers. Have 100 skill points for rear admiral 6 that i cant spend because skills cost more then 100 points.
Did you find a solution?
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-10-2011, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Federation2010 View Post
same situation as you. 100 points needed for new vice admiral rank. All new mission points going to my officers. Have 100 skill points for rear admiral 6 that i cant spend because skills cost more then 100 points.
Did you find a solution?
Besides the idea I posted up there never got this situation before, always had a low lvl skill to spend just to get promote, try check out, if not since season 4 lunch could be an issue why not, send a ticket.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-11-2011, 03:15 PM
If there is no skill you can use to spend those 100 points on, respec, and remove some points from your lower level skills. Then you should have enough points for a higher level skill.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayyde
If there is no skill you can use to spend those 100 points on, respec, and remove some points from your lower level skills. Then you should have enough points for a higher level skill.
If you have to spend of your respec to spend skill points to "win" the promotion in my opinion is an issue, the respect suppost to be to fix something you dont like and not a need for something in the game. Anyway I dont know what the OP found yet lets see.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nite View Post
If you have to spend of your respec to spend skill points to "win" the promotion in my opinion is an issue, the respect suppost to be to fix something you dont like and not a need for something in the game. Anyway I dont know what the OP found yet lets see.
Some people for an unknown reason seem to raise all their 100 point skills to 9, which is a *phenomenal* waste of SP. The only 'issue' is that people are spending SP unwisely.

The Respecs are there to be used to fix things you don't like, as you said, but also fix mistakes that have been made when leveling up.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-12-2011, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
Some people for an unknown reason seem to raise all their 100 point skills to 9, which is a *phenomenal* waste of SP. The only 'issue' is that people are spending SP unwisely.

The Respecs are there to be used to fix things you don't like, as you said, but also fix mistakes that have been made when leveling up.
It is also there so you can respec into a new ship design as you level.

Actually, the entire leveling process is the same way. you don't level until you spend the points. This includes Vice Admiral.