Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
07-04-2011, 02:10 PM
I only posted where to go in the accept box right after a small paragraph of dialogue. Its easy for people who want to read the story and not get that last mission to make 3 in a hurry.

So I went back and put where to go in three diffeerent places.

What I was more irrittated about is that when people look at the list of missions and see mine, they will see that one review, my only one so far! and decide to not play it based on the fact that there is no starting point... when there is.

BUT, I am still going to make the next episode because I love where my story is going
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislove View Post
Obviously you are to if this has happened to you. I get a 1 star review because this guy says the starting point isn't listed, IT IS. In big green letters after your BO gets through briefing you on what to do. I played my mission immediatly after I published it and I saw the words telling you where to go. This crap makes me want to no even try to create a mission. I know it was just this guy but sometimes that's enough. People who sympathize you can post whatever you like. People who do this lazy act... well never mind, you won't even read this!
((((((((((((( Hug ))))))))))))))

If it makes you feel better.. I've really been impressed with some of the Foundry stories.. and I do read, and appreciate, the dialogue of a well developed mission. Keep up the good work!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
07-05-2011, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislove View Post
What I was more irrittated about is that when people look at the list of missions and see mine, they will see that one review, my only one so far! and decide to not play it based on the fact that there is no starting point... when there is.

BUT, I am still going to make the next episode because I love where my story is going
Good for you man. At the end of the day you are the only person who has to like your mission. None of us are getting paid to do this. All we can do as foundry authors is hope other people like it enought to play em. It still boggles me that there're some missions with nearly a thousand people who've played em. Here I am just hoping to get at least a few to play with what I've come up with (I guess it all comes down to marketing). My current mission got a one star as well for its first review. Its been reviewed a total of 4 times now ( last time I checked). Two people loved it one thought it was ok. What drives me even more nuts than people who don't read are people who give ya a crap rating and don't bother telling ya why. Maybe they're scared to comment cause they don't wanna be harrassed you say? Well screw em. That's what ignore buttons are for. I'd rather see the "It sucked I hated your mission so ya get a one star" than get nothing as feed back. The way I see it if ya don't leave a comment on that box then your rating shouldn't even be counted.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
07-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldous11a View Post
The way I see it if ya don't leave a comment on that box then your rating shouldn't even be counted.
You do realize that people give good ratings without comments as well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
07-05-2011, 01:04 PM
Yea that is annoying, Becoming a reviwer should be reserved to people who have played enough. Like keep being a reviwer exclusive to 200 day and up veterans! and that stupid 1 star for no reason reviews can be reported and have the person be banned from reviewing or something, there are some really good missions with 2 star reviews cause of idoit reviewers.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
07-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
You do realize that people give good ratings without comments as well.
Yes I do, and that doesn't matter. As the creator of a mission I need that input telling me what I did right or wrong. More importantly what's wrong, Because that'll help me make a better mission. I guess its a flaw in the foundry system. The way I see it if you want to be a reviewer then speak up let us see who you are. If you're too lazy to put in a review or too scared to voice your opinion then you don't deserve the priveledge to rate a mission. The internet already provides you with a certain annonimity allowing you to trash a movie a person hell even start a flame war. But that annonymity of a screen name allows you to respond to that person. Unfortunately in the foundry that's just not possible. That being said I am aware that some missions only pop up on searches if you are a reviewer. Like I said its a flaw in the system.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
07-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Anyone mind defining to me how you make it show the location of the mission (aside from making the mission map the name of the system?)

I've got a map marker and a reach objective as the very first thing as far as tasks go but it doesn't show in the sidebar in-game...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
07-07-2011, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
Anyone mind defining to me how you make it show the location of the mission (aside from making the mission map the name of the system?)

I've got a map marker and a reach objective as the very first thing as far as tasks go but it doesn't show in the sidebar in-game...
Use the Map Mission text box, it is the bottom field of the map transistion box.
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...-20-40_812.jpg


Entering text there will have it show on the journal, and the objective list. It isn't lost like on a popup.
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...-24-37_890.jpg

In the case of this old mission I had on tribble I left the sector block in the mission description, as you can see in the second picture, but it could be added to the map mission text as well so there was no need to hit the j button.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
07-08-2011, 10:06 AM
My favorite ones are the people who 1-star a mission because they can't read it, because it's in German or something else. Good grief, if you can't read the title, don't play the mission, because chances are, you won't be able to read that, either.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
07-08-2011, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarkonis
My favorite ones are the people who 1-star a mission because they can't read it, because it's in German or something else. Good grief, if you can't read the title, don't play the mission, because chances are, you won't be able to read that, either.
That happened when the list was cluttered with them, now that the filter works it shouldn't be a problem.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:02 AM.