Lt. Commander
# 131 ask cryptic:july 2011
07-11-2011, 08:35 PM
Hi there,
someone had asked about "real life" merchandise. do you think your company might team up with either/both startrekdot[not the word]com and Anovosdot[again not the word]com?? the first deals with
most star trek stuff. the second, deals with costumes. But, I'm not sure about the price.
and about the anovos company, they might be able to make the sto uniforms. great job on all of the
sto uniforms..

thanks,

Ken
Lt. Commander
Salutations Cryptic/Dan Stahl:

I don't know if u've been aware since the first release day of Season 4 on Holodeck, but a few of your menu option selection functions at the main startrekonline.com site is currently not working, or broken, it seems.

I had my account's via Captain Database set on my character/handle that shows my main character and the other alts I have as one of my browser's 'favorite bar' tabs. But, ask I said, since Season-4 released, some of its features has been down( not working at all, along with the 'Ask Cryptic' selection just below it. I had to click on the hotlink at the bottom of this thread at the main sto site to go directly to this to ask you.

I want to know if the statrekonline webpage is being worked on to fix its current skin and such, or is it being revamp or something backstage? Maybe that's the case since perhaps this current/old site of startrekonline.com is soon to be replace with new skin/looks with more features?

Thanks for any reply you may have on this.

Sincerely,
O_P

P.S. Thanks for the awesome fun of the new ground combat!
Lt. Commander
# 133
07-12-2011, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensumida
Hi there,
someone had asked about "real life" merchandise. do you think your company might team up with either/both startrekdot[not the word]com and Anovosdot[again not the word]com?? the first deals with
most star trek stuff. the second, deals with costumes. But, I'm not sure about the price.
and about the anovos company, they might be able to make the sto uniforms. great job on all of the
sto uniforms..

thanks,

Ken
I follow Anovos, and let me tell you those outfits ain't cheap. I believe the cheapest I've seen one is around $270.00 or so (I'd have to check). The ones I really wanted are over $300.00. Suffice it to say, I doubt a lot of STO fans will be willing to spend that kind of cash.
Lt. Commander
# 134
07-16-2011, 07:33 PM
Will the KDF get a section on the main page for their ship listings, like the Federation does?
Lt. Commander
# 135 Season 4
07-16-2011, 08:03 PM
So Cryptic, when will we be seeing some new content, I am a KDF faction player for the most part but as far as featured episodes and such I have read posts where this new content will more than likely come out with the DOFF system which they stated will only be available after it has been tested on tribble for a month. My issue is even if it were to be placed this weekend which I highly doubt the timeline I read will push these features we have been waiting for since the begining of the year will not be out until mid sepetember to around christmas.
Lt. Commander
# 136
07-16-2011, 08:22 PM
what I like to know is , is there a chance of extending from the Reman Shields?! you know like a whole set?! Engines, shields, and deflector? that would be really cool.
Lt. Commander
# 137
07-17-2011, 12:25 AM
I love the Gorn ships we get to fight as the Fed's - many of the Orion ships being just as awesome.

So I have to ask, Will other Klingon Faction racial ships (Gorn, Orion etc) be added to the Klingon shipyards to fill out their ranks? And will these ships be based on the NPC ships currently in game?
Lt. Commander
# 138
07-17-2011, 12:37 AM
moved
Lt. Commander
# 139
07-17-2011, 12:41 AM
Dear Cryptic, for those of us that use and love TOS uniforms can we have a TOS tricorder graphic in the belt solection? Can we also have have a graphic for it when we use our tricorders.
Lt. Commander
# 140
07-17-2011, 01:12 AM
Dear Cryptic,

With all the new ship designs you've produced, have you considered that there would probably be a market for plastic models of those aformentioned ships.

As a modeler myself, I know that there are many ships you have produced that I would love to be able to put together and stick on my shelf. While you've mentioned that miniatures have certain production limitations that would currently prevent their manufacture, I don't think the same would be true of plastic models.

Currently, most Star Trek models are produced by Polar Lights which has done a masterful job of reviving the industry ever since AMT went out of business.

With that in mind, is there any hope of seeing, say, a plastic model of the Enterprise F at some point in the future? Because I for one would certainly love to get one.