# 21
07-03-2011, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the answers Dstahl.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallen_angel6988
I was wondering, Since you have Federation and Klingon playable factions, Would you consider making Borg a playable faction as well as maybe some of the others?
*loads shotgun*

read the sig.. go back into the voting booth... and vote again

Quote:
Q: Tricksterbro When do you imagine the Gamma and Delta quadrant's will be opened up to explore, what series would you like to see them in?

A: We plan to open up a few missions in the Gamma quadrant during the next Feature Episode series which will take place near Deep Space 9.
Dominion? ^^
Lt. Commander
# 23 Skipping Cutscenes
07-03-2011, 05:56 PM
"Q: Pystce Will we ever be able to skip cutscenes?

A: We appreciate that some players who have multiple character may want to skip some of the longer cutscenes in the game. We will take this into account as we make new Feature Episodes and hopefully get time to go back and add skips to older content as well."

This is not acceptable. I'll explain. If I purchase an XP Booster from the C-store the timer on said boost *does NOT* stop running during the cutscenes. As a double paying customer I should be able to skip a cutscene if I want to, if I don't mind that the meter's running as it were while the cutscene is going on (and in some cases ON) it should be my choice. Please implement a feature to skip cutscenes sooner rather than later. I'd like to spend more money on XP boosts, but not under the current system. Thank you.

P.S.

Love the game!
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-03-2011, 06:00 PM
In addition, we are working on a feature that would potentially allow players to trade Emblems for C-points

Guys, isn't this the first time they have said anything about actually being able to earn Cstore points in game? If that really is the case then I think that's huge news.

Also thanks for responding to my question. It wasn't exactly the answer I was looking for but I'm glad to know Cryptic is tracking most commonly used races and classes.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-03-2011, 06:12 PM
Q: USS_Excalibur Will there be more ability consoles like the MVAM console?

A: Yes. The ship design team is working on adding new ship variants at different tiers that will have special ability consoles that can be removed and added to other ships as you progress. Several of these are scheduled for release in September.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hm, what about the "old" ships with special abilities ?

Iīd really like to have the choise of using the power or not.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-03-2011, 06:19 PM
That's got to be one of the best Ask Cryptic's every! Nice big long answers. Wow, makes me want to keep playing to see all the new stuff being release durring Season 4 (because items at launch of Season 4 do not excite me ).
  • Featured Episode Series 4 which will take place around Deep Space 9
  • Borg Invasion Events which will include a weekly ground assault on a to be announced species homeworld
  • Hourly Borg Deep Space incursions into all sectors
  • New locale flavored neighborhood missions for social zones
  • OpenPVP Encounters.

Uber Galaxy Map
Quote:
... we have the core R&D team investigating whether we can collapse all the sector maps into one giant uber galaxy map. If we do that, then it is a matter of adding of expanding and adding more locations to the one sector. This could be a Season 5 feature if the tech works out properly.
Starfleet Academy
Quote:
Starfleet Academy is slated to go online towards the end of July and will include the ability for players to visit and hook up UGC missions to start. We are also going to be adding targeting dummies for players to test out the new ground combat controls and powers. We also have plans on our schedule to have missions that take place on Starfleet Academy ground including a new Fleet Action. (We are doing the same for KDF academy as well). At some point we also want to go back and redo the Tutorial and have it take place at the respective Academy, but that was moved to a little later down the schedule than previously planned.
Gamma quadrant
Quote:
We plan to open up a few missions in the Gamma quadrant during the next Feature Episode series which will take place near Deep Space 9.
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-03-2011, 06:27 PM
The "Uber Galaxy Map" is one thing i'd like to see done sooner rather than later.

Bad enough having loading screens at all. The more they can reduce the amount of loading screens, the better. Personally i'd be perfectly fine under the following system:

- All sector blocks combined considered "1 instance"
- Warping into a starsystem is always a new "instance"

As the player is already inside an "instance" whenever he/she warps into a starsystem, then any contents -within- the starsystem should be preloaded as well. If I enter the "Sol System", I should be able to freely dock with Spacedock, or in the future, visit Starfleet Academy without having to endure -yet another- loading screen. Game is already set up where each instance can hold x amount of players. Number could be increased, if systems/planets are combined into a singular "instance" setup. Seeing as the overall area would be drastically increased, the increased player count should not present any additional performance issues.

Personally, I was overjoyed, when they revamped Spacedock to make Admiral Quinn's office a part of the "Spacedock instance", thus eliminating one of the tedious and "unessessary" loading screens.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-03-2011, 06:37 PM
filled with great information that gives me yet more hope!
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-03-2011, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hravik
The answer about the question of more Klingon missions sounded extremely evasive and not Klingon specific.
Yes, yes it did.
Quote:
So yes. We absolutely plan to release some great new content to show off the new combat updates in Season 4. All of this content is currently scheduled to release at various stages in Season 4 between now and October.
That's from the end of the question, and it has nothing to do with Klingon specific missions. Not only that, the only thing Klingon "specific" in the answer was that there would be "(1 exclusive ground and space FA for each faction)" which isn't really Klingon specific since the Feds get it too.
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-03-2011, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
That's from the end of the question, and it has nothing to do with Klingon specific missions. Not only that, the only thing Klingon "specific" in the answer was that there would be "(1 exclusive ground and space FA for each faction)" which isn't really Klingon specific since the Feds get it too.
One ground and one space fleet action for each faction that the others donīt get, thatīs what exclusive means. So the KDF gets two fleet actions for themselves, it canīt get much more specific.