Lt. Commander
# 11
07-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon_BlownApart
Thus when we play Foundry missions at VA1 the enemies seem difficult because we are at the bottom of the scale of VA. If we were VA 10 level the same foundry mission would be much easier because our relative position of rank is improved. Thus the problem becomes that the level Cap is at the bottom of the Rank and not the Top
I went ahead and tried testing with a LA4 just to see, and it didn't seem to make any difference. The enemies were just as difficult.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-07-2011, 11:01 AM
Somebody put up a test mission a bit simpler than yours with Nausicans on holodeck. The enemies in that one don't seem to be doing undue damage on normal. That's just Nausicans, but their weapon bleedthrough on shield hits was on the 9-18 range.

Also, I went back to Tribble a bit during the downtime - I noticed that even on normal, some ensign level enemies had shields. I'm wondering if it's connected to the difficulty sliders not working correctly the last few days on tribble, making foundry missions "stick" on higher settings?

Edit: Strike that, the Nasicans were fine, but found a mission with a group of Klingons. Warriors were getting 30-45 bleedthrough on shield hits, I actually had a swordmaster on normal do over 800 damage with his dual pistols and that was with stripping shields entirely.

Also, didn't see any ensigns with shields, but I'll need to scare up a good Cardassian episode to test on holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-07-2011, 05:32 PM
I suppose I could make some test missions on the live server to compare, but the problem is people will complain they are grinds. That's not an issue on the test server, because it doesn't matter there since the characters are all copied anyway.