Lt. Commander
# 21
07-04-2011, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory275 View Post
I'm skeptical at best. And I guess we''l be heading back to "Cruisers Online" when the new Enterprise is released with full universal boff stations.
We'll see. Stahl at least made the impression that he wants full uni slots in the Enterprise F. Who knows what the power devs will do (look at: B'rel, cloaking tractor mines, FAW, Hargh'peng, etc. etc. etc.)
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-04-2011, 12:38 AM
http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/y...0/fa29c3fb.png

My Enterprise F build

plz help me with this build, I can't seem to get through PVE missions very well
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-04-2011, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krizonar

My Enterprise F build

Needs more than 1 copy of FAW, good sir
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-04-2011, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
Needs more than 1 copy of FAW, good sir
I thought I would use the BO III in pvp but I keep killing them with my 5 Dual heavy cannons and 5 turrets on my Alpha strike while decloaking before the BO hits them.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-04-2011, 12:43 AM
Quote:
I thought I would use the BO III in pvp but I keep killing them with my 5 Dual heavy cannons and 5 turrets on my Alpha strike while decloaking before the BO hits them.
I forgot to take a look at your fore and aft weapon quantity. Nevermind, pew pew away
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-04-2011, 12:44 AM
Quote:

My Enterprise F build

Hmmm... looks pretty good, though you may want a sci team, after all, you don't want all those goodies on cool-down because of SNB. Seems light on hull heals too. But Season 1 VM FTW!
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-04-2011, 12:51 AM
Quote:

My Enterprise F build

Hmm I am quite sure they will have the Death Blossom by then also. What is one more OP'd skill in PvP
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-04-2011, 12:55 AM
Well, there are 4 possibilities:
1) It's a full Commander Level Unviersal Slot.
2) It's an Ensign Slot.
3) It's a special slot that might give access to one single ability of your BO (maybe, Ensign, maybe Lt., maybe Lt.Cmdr, maybe Cmdr)
4) It's an entirely different clickable power invented for the Department Head System.

I think 2, 3 and 4 might be somewhat okay. (3 certainly has strong balance implications - if everyone can suddenly run with Shockwave, for example..). 1 would be game-breaking. But since Heretic suggests it is only a single clickable ability, I don't think it will be that. 4 seems the most likely to me, actually.

The Universal Station Enterprise - no thanks. dstahl isn't exactly a systems/balance guy, though, so I hope the rest of his team will talk him out of it. Having 3 variants of the ship or 1 with a Lt.Cmdr Universal console I could see, though. I think we should definitely expect something unusual and questionable to happen, either way. It's the Enterprise. (Maybe for game balance, the possiblity of it being a Carrier is our best hope actually, though I hate hate hate hate Carriers).
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-04-2011, 01:13 AM
Hey guys,

Just to clarify this, we have been throwing around a lot of different ideas on how this will work. We have not settled on an absolute, set-in-stone, design for how First Officers' active power will work.

That being said, what was said in the Ask Cryptic should be clarified to be thought of as like a universal slot in that you can essentially get a single new power from a selection of most likely new active abilities from all three branches. The likelihood is also that this will be a single extra power, rather than replacing one of your current bridge officer slots.

All of this is very much in early development, however, and as we get closer to actively working on this feature expect there to be more iteration of the design.
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-04-2011, 01:22 AM
Thanks for the update but when are you sleeping?