Lt. Commander
# 11
07-27-2011, 11:08 AM
I was really enjoying this mission, but after beaming back up when the the large group of klink's jumped in I couldn't get any farther - there seemed to be an invisible wall around the mob and the fed ship and I couldn't even target any of the enemy ships. I assumed this was b/c foundry is still messed up, but then I noticed someone apparently finished it yesterday...so....thought I would post as an fyi.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-27-2011, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueEnterprise View Post

@suricata - Otherwise I'm really glad you liked it! Now please finish the ship chart so I can print it, laminate it, and put it on my wall. =)
Funny you should mention that, been working on the new one for the last day or so, hoping to have it ready for release this weekend *fingers crossed*
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-27-2011, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdevnull View Post
I was really enjoying this mission, but after beaming back up when the the large group of klink's jumped in I couldn't get any farther - there seemed to be an invisible wall around the mob and the fed ship and I couldn't even target any of the enemy ships. I assumed this was b/c foundry is still messed up, but then I noticed someone apparently finished it yesterday...so....thought I would post as an fyi.
Was this after beaming back up from the ship the first time? Basically the box is supposed to appear AROUND all the ships, for purposes of PURE EVIL. =)

I guess somehow people are getting outside of it. Those walls of invisible collision are pretty fickle... once again I'll have to take a look when things come back up. If you want to give it another shot I'd be appreciative, tell me if ith appens again.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-23-2011, 04:31 PM
This was the first Foundry mission I've tried, after coming back to STO from shortly after launch. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I am trying to learn how to make missions like this one, with the respawn mechanic you used. Is there a way we can exchange files so I can have a look at how this is done? It would help my learning curve enormously.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 15 glitch or complete?
09-26-2011, 07:41 AM
I seem to be up to "No more chances" but all I seem to be able to do is to enter again and start from scratch. (Unless it is another "effect" of the mission.)

Any direction is appreciated.

BTW, I'm basically a noob, so it may be user error as well.

Otherwise, my first user-created content and it was enjoyable. I may have a note for you but I'd rather wait until I know I finished it as you intended.

GJ!
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-26-2011, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef7 View Post
I seem to be up to "No more chances" but all I seem to be able to do is to enter again and start from scratch. (Unless it is another "effect" of the mission.)
Hi Josef, thanks for playing!

When you say start from scratch, did you disconnect and reconnect from the mission? Unfortunately it seems that once you log out for an extended time and attempt to continue the mission again it ends up booting you to the start of the mission, and in order to progress you must trigger the last objective on the map in order to continue forward (usually a reach marker). It's an unfortunate aspect of missions that unfortunately I don't have control over.

You can either try and find the marker so you can zip through the maps quickly in order to get to the last map you were on, or drop the mission and restart it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-26-2011, 04:00 PM
This was a very impressive mission making excellent use of a traditional science fiction storyline. The writing for the plot, bridge officers and original characters was excellent, and the investigation phase was very well executed. I enjoyed it thoroughly!

If I had to criticize something, it would be the interior of the Councillor's ship - it would seem to be a very strange shape from the inside! It didn't really detract from the mission though, and until Cryptic give us more parts and tools to build ship interiors there isn't very much that can be done. In some respects while the space looked a little odd it worked well for running about investigating and fixing stuff.

Note to Cryptic: Please also allow us to choose what animations to use when transitioning from map to map (Warp/Transwarp/Instant for space and Beam/Instant for ground).

Well done, RogueEnterprise and thank you for taking the time to put it together for us!
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-16-2012, 01:03 PM
I had a similar problem with the bounding box for "to the end..." but it eventually let me into the box near the asteroid. Might just want to make it a bit bigger.

The problem I had was that I uh....accidentally killed all the Klingon ships without dying/getting below about 35% hull integrity. So, I couldn't progress through the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-16-2012, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranatalus View Post
The problem I had was that I uh....accidentally killed all the Klingon ships without dying/getting below about 35% hull integrity. So, I couldn't progress through the mission.
Hmm... haha... unfortunately that's one of the things that makes this mission experimental. Some of you just won't die!! And it fubars the mission if you survive. Get less good at the game for a few seconds in there and you should be fine. Not much more I can do to help besides adding more enemies.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-18-2012, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueEnterprise View Post
Hmm... haha... unfortunately that's one of the things that makes this mission experimental. Some of you just won't die!! And it fubars the mission if you survive. Get less good at the game for a few seconds in there and you should be fine. Not much more I can do to help besides adding more enemies.
Yeah, I was thinking your only option would be to add another contingency on "if the big group dies, just throw in like 8 negh'var, 40 To'duj, and 15 BoP" which would probably crash. If it makes you feel any better, I was spamming the absolute hell out of every hull/shield heal I had, calling in reinforcements, and it took me so long I was able to separate my saucer a second time.