Lt. Commander
Hi all,

I downloaded the demo for STO from the STO website, which I played for a few hours. After deciding I like the game I purchased it through Steam. Whilst Steam was downloading I un-installed the STO demo.

After Steam finished downloading the game it installed. I ran it, but it still says this is a demo when the game runs.

Any ideas how I can convert or tell the game that it is the full version?

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-04-2011, 04:17 AM
the demo and the live game is the same. what determines if you are playing the demo or the live game is the status of you account.
to do the full game you need to do all these steps

1. buy the game (which sounds like you did)
(not sure you did all the rest of these steps}
2. enter the retail key
3. select a renewing subscriptiopn (required)
4. enter how you plan to pay for the subscription once it starts
5. wait for cryptic to validate the payment type. (they do it in batchs so time varies)

then your account will be active withthe 30 days subscription bonus.

if you used a credit card or paypal then you wil not be charged for the subscription until after the 30 day bonus.

if you use a gametime card then the 30 days will be added to the time of the gamecard ie 30 day gamecard + 30 day bonus = 60 dayes before you have to enter antoher game card to play.

if you skip any of these steps then the game will not be active

if you did all the above steps and still can only play the demo then you need to open a ticket with billing
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-04-2011, 04:46 AM
Thanks for your help - will try that tonight.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-04-2011, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunfoss
Thanks for your help - will try that tonight.
Entering the retail key is the most important thing on the list Pegasus gave you, look at your library page, click STO, look at the right side of the window where it says links, click CD key, highlight the deluxe cd key, copy to keyboard, make sure you're logged in on the main site and paste the key http://www.startrekonline.com/activate, then copy/paste the turret key as well.

Then do the billing information stuff lie Peg said.