Lt. Commander
I've never seen the icon fro this trait pop up as a power when my character went below 50% which makes me suspect that it even works at all. Even worse, like Blasters on City of Heroes, I find that usually (particularly on STF's) my andorian probably is dead if a healer doesn't do some quick work when he gets below 50%. So would this trait even get use? Furthermore, now that the combat is getting made even more peppy in Season 4, is Fury simply a wasted trait altogether? Simply put, its going to be easier to die, and easier to kill in Season 4. If I had my preference, I'd make Fury based on time spent in combat, slowly climbing but never approaching some maximum bonus that it would offer (Much like the Fury bar on Brutes on City of Heroes). I would make a comparison to Champions Online if I could, but my experience with CO is still very minimal. At any regard, the question I have regarding Fury can be boiled down to:

1) Is it currently broken?
2) Is it worthwhile?
3) Is it made completely worthless in Season 4?

I've only noticed the problem now that my Andorian has completed his STF arcs, where I always hammer down a lot of issues with a character mid-admiral.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-04-2011, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeHopper View Post
I've never seen the icon fro this trait pop up as a power when my character went below 50% which makes me suspect that it even works at all. Even worse, like Blasters on City of Heroes, I find that usually (particularly on STF's) my andorian probably is dead if a healer doesn't do some quick work when he gets below 50%. So would this trait even get use? Furthermore, now that the combat is getting made even more peppy in Season 4, is Fury simply a wasted trait altogether? Simply put, its going to be easier to die, and easier to kill in Season 4. If I had my preference, I'd make Fury based on time spent in combat, slowly climbing but never approaching some maximum bonus that it would offer (Much like the Fury bar on Brutes on City of Heroes). I would make a comparison to Champions Online if I could, but my experience with CO is still very minimal. At any regard, the question I have regarding Fury can be boiled down to:

1) Is it currently broken?
2) Is it worthwhile?
3) Is it made completely worthless in Season 4?

I've only noticed the problem now that my Andorian has completed his STF arcs, where I always hammer down a lot of issues with a character mid-admiral.
Fury seems to work passively, although I've never noticed an increase in my damage. I seem to get very high crits with low health but I couldn't say if it had anything to do with Fury or whether I'm just paying more attention due to low health.
Whether it's worthwhile or not is up to you, I chose it on my Andorian Tac a long time ago and probably wouldn't choose it if I started over. But I like it on my BOs, even if it is because Andorian BOs don't always have the best traits.
I wouldn't say it was worthless with S4, I'm finding that whilst playing on Tribble my health regularly drops quite low; I seem to spend a lot of time at around %25-%50 so if it does work passively then it'll probably work even better now.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-05-2011, 08:36 AM
Interesting. I suppose I'll have to wait and see how it will look in Season 4. I am curious if it is functioning though. I love the way my Tellarite gets a little icon for his 'pig headed' trait when its activated, and even how he oinks and squeals with rage every time its activated. I know some people are annoyed by this, but for me I find it particularly comical yet gratifying. Its also wonderful in that it lets me know the power actually works. Maybe they could do something similar, with Andorian style?