Lt. Commander
# 21
07-14-2011, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I love it as well, but I fear it might be too large and moderator kitty might take it away !
Hmm, I fear you're straying off topic. As far as consoles go, I must say I enjoy them.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-14-2011, 07:53 AM
On my tac defiant, for engineering, I use an EPS & the field generator. With the covariant nerf, I was thinking about changing the EPS back to neutronium to gain some survivability back, but with the apparent increased energy drops as mentioned in the FAW thread, I'm thinking that might be a bad idea if I want to keep my DPS up when my weapon bats are on cool down.

And yeah, that sig is amusing, but the mods are going to kill it over its size.
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-14-2011, 12:46 PM
It's odd that no one mentions what shield they are buffing with a field generator. I don't use them on either my intrepid or my mvam because I run the Borg shields with a +13% regen console. My mentality is to buff my shields strengths, not weaknesses. The same reason I wouldn't put a regen console on a covariant shield is the reason I don't put a cap increase on my regen shields. 35%x crap capacity=? if I'm feeling impatient about running into trouble at full impulse, then my second console is eps, otherwise it's a +7 shield power which allows me to run well over 100shield power for regan and resist while keeping 125weapons (for my mvam). Biggest drawback to that is bleedthrough over time in a long engagement which I try to correct with a HE2 boosted by a halon console
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-20-2011, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE1701 View Post
For my Eng AC healer build I use

Eng: 2 SIF Generators, Field Generator, and the +7 to aux console
Sci: 1 Halon Console, 1 Induction Stabilizer
Tac: 2 Disruptor Coils, Borg Console

Sci LRSV-R (All purple consoles because I like the color )

Eng: Field Generator, Neutronium Alloy (only because I can't think of anything else to put there)
Sci: 2x Astrometric Imaging Scanner, 2x Induction Stabilizer
Tac: 1 Phaser relay, Borg Console
Where does one obtain purple consoles? I have only one that I got from the Exchange. Since that one is on my Klingon character that is only Commander, I know they are available from missions other than STF's.
I have blue consoles from crafting, but how do I get those purple consoles?
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Once you get to VA polly, rare mk xi's have the highest increase to stats in the game. Not much of a need for very rare consoles until then IMO
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-20-2011, 05:20 PM
some consoles have seemed to become must haves...

+35% shield cap, eps, and assimilated console are some examples.

It'd be nice if there was a bit more variety of choices,
though admittedly, not sure what those choices would really be.
Perhaps a balancing of consoles and maybe a few new ones.
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-20-2011, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by breygorn View Post
some consoles have seemed to become must haves...

+35% shield cap, eps, and assimilated console are some examples.

It'd be nice if there was a bit more variety of choices,
though admittedly, not sure what those choices would really be.
Perhaps a balancing of consoles and maybe a few new ones.
I added one of the blue Mk X1 Field Generators to my Long Range Sci refit and it really helped me in PvP in some matches but I was still getting killed fast in other matches. I then tried an EPS console with that in place of the neutronium hull and that got me killed fast. I have replaced the EPS with a Booster Modulator so it is now Booster Modulator and the Field Generator and also the Borg Assimilated Module from the Assimilated mission and it seems to work really well. Even weapons (energy weapons) are more powerful now, probably due to the Borg module. I have not tried it in PvP because I kept getting disconnected.

So where can I get MK XI purple consoles for my VA characters? The ones I have now are the blue ones from crafting.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-20-2011, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollywog View Post
So where can I get MK XI purple consoles for my VA characters? The ones I have now are the blue ones from crafting.
The Blue MK XI consoles are provide the highest stats. They are equivalent to purple MK X consoles and green MK XII consoles.