Lt. Commander
# 131
06-27-2009, 05:04 AM
Well if there using borg tech then why dont you see that in the new moivie.I didnt see any regeneration of the ship espesalie not in the last seen.heck i didnt see anthing that looks remotly borg.nothing!
Lt. Commander
# 132
06-27-2009, 11:39 AM
Fairly good article, thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyaltrekie View Post
Wasn't the Scimitar capable of most of that? Wouldn't be hard to believe that they could create a few more of that nature, without the aid of all this other parts of this.

While I don't mind the "lore" update, its kinda sad that the SoTL isn't a playable ship. Should make another article for "lore/boss" type ships
As I was reading the article this came to mind for me as well, some of the capabilities reminded me of the Scimitar from Nemesis.

It seems that the Scimitar might not have all the advancements that the newer ships have, but it certainly had little to no power loss with cloaking, may have been great with rapid cloaking(or fire while cloaked), had an excellent power core, and the stronger shielding, the extreme repairing, is pretty unclear with the Scimitar though, and the sensors.

I think that could have been the very first test bed for the reverse engineered Borg Technologies.

I concur, that ship we see appears to definitely be similar to a Romulan Valdore, only more advanced.
Lt. Commander
# 133
06-27-2009, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam242424 View Post
Well if there using borg tech then why dont you see that in the new moivie.I didnt see any regeneration of the ship espesalie not in the last seen.heck i didnt see anthing that looks remotly borg.nothing!
You must not see Nero's Ship? :p
Lt. Commander
# 134 Captain boyle
06-27-2009, 01:34 PM
It looks mostly romulan and it's a very intersting design
Lt. Commander
# 135
06-27-2009, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starship01 View Post
It looks mostly romulan and it's a very intersting design
It's design is romulan, its just been enhanced with Borg technology to make it far more powerful.
Lt. Commander
# 136 Awesome
06-27-2009, 02:27 PM
Everthing I read gets better and better. Keep up the good work.
Lt. Commander
# 137
06-27-2009, 02:28 PM
Looks like a D'Derex without the lower wing. Star Trek: Encounters for PS2 had the exact thing, but in that game it was called a Romulan Raptor.
Lt. Commander
# 138
06-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruis.In View Post
this seem somehow related toa movie tie in, but it makes no sense, the narada killed a klingon fleet in the alternateverse in kirks time not martoks time, no where is it mentioned in themovie that the narada engaged any klingons in the normal timeline.
It happened in the prime universe in book 4 of countdown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_Vulcan99 View Post
This is very true, 47 Klingon Warbirds

And, am I missing somethig here? When did Countdown become Cannon??? There's rarely a time when a novel or comic becomes cannon, so don't get your hopes up for Romulan/Borg sh*t flying around.
The developers of the game are using countdown in their storyline so itís cannon to the game either way.
Lt. Commander
# 139
06-27-2009, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam242424 View Post
Well, you didnt sere the regeneration? how much damage did you see the ship take at all? It did manage to repair when the Kelvin self destructed inside of it.

The Torpedoes well they were advanced yes, didn't look very Romulan to me, they hardly even use torpedoes that look anything like those, generally Romulan Torpedoes are big balls of plasma.

It isnt that the ship was built based on Borg ships, it was built and then modified with Borg systems later after having been built. They didnt just set the ship up with Borg Nano-probes that assimilate the ship either. They just program nanoprobes into keeping the ship repaired.
The interior didnt remind me of other romulan ships we had seen.
Getting into the whole borg technology in the movie wasnt necesary, the idea of the ship simply being from the future, and very large, was enough to make it powerful when compared to the Enterprise, and its era of technology. It would have made the movie a little bit more complicated if they got into details of them acquiring technology from destroyed starships of a species who the characters had never heard of, how would they have discovered that anyway?
Lt. Commander
# 140
06-27-2009, 04:45 PM
It could not have regenerated that quickly if the Klingons took it captive shortly after the Kelvin rammed the Narada.