Lt. Commander
# 201
07-14-2009, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjam380 View Post
Hmmm....

Clearly a Norexan/Valdore class warbird refitted with advanced technologies. One imagines that this could be the return of Sela's fleet. I'm a bit confused though about whether this is our clue to an "ancient threat" or just a foreshadowing for the next "Path" entry.

An interesting read, but honestly I'm a little disappointed that this month's SOTL isn't a playable ship. Oh well, there's always July...
exactly... this probably is valdore class. you can see the common romulan command structure at the front and the engine nacels in the back. Making this a romulan warbird.
Lt. Commander
# 202
07-15-2009, 05:12 AM
Norexan class 90% sure if not than a raptor redesign.

And people please stop calling them valdore class the Valdore was a ship the class name is Norexan.

I realy hope we get the ability to jump into a romulan ship asap when it is luanched. Federation is oke but they aren't prepared for war enough. Klingons could do with soem mroe logic insteed of just loading the gun and start shooting. Romulans well Romulans just sit back with a glass of Romulan ale watching people blow eachother to pieces before walking in to claim the bone the two other dog are fighting for. Ofcourse in the progress they will ty to kill both dogs.
Lt. Commander
# 203
07-17-2009, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeRhamme View Post
Ok read this.
The Klingon Empire takes advantage of the confusion with lightning strikes into Romulan space. The empire takes control of the Tranome Sar and Nequencia systems in a matter of days, and is poised to strike deeper into Romulan territory. The Klingons temporarily halt their advance when Starfleet sends a fleet to protect the Romulan/Klingon border, but tensions remain high and there are reports of minor skirmishes between Federation and Klingon starships.
The Federation will go with the Klingons and we all know that and as for the rest we will
have wait on the time line to see what they will do so 20 more years to go and then we will KNOW.
DeRhamme did you read teh 2390 report. I t sounds liek that Romulan ship did act on its own or in collaboration with someone else because Starfleet doesn't appear to know anythign about it and Taris appears to be the leadign candidate for the Romulan leader and didn't mention anythign about it.

This looks like it is going to get very complcated with Data's report about possible activity by Species 8472. If the Romulans know more about it, they aren't telling but if this is indeed a rogue group of Romulans the Borg tech might be something they are planning to use both to take out teh Klingons and defend against Species 8472 assuming they know something about Voyager's encounter and the Borg modified tech they used to create torpedos to destroy Species 8472's ships.If so, this is going to get very messy.

If the Klingons beleive Starfleet is behind the Romulan tech given Species 8472's appearance then that would start a war and it means someone is purposefully trying to drive a wedge between teh Klingons adn Starfleet.
Lt. Commander
# 204
07-18-2009, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talenus View Post
Its all easily explained. The 47 klingon ships that were destroyed were before the Narada went back in time..its current history.

The kelvin wasn't large, it appears to me they had a crew of maybe 50 people. The ship would have shuttles and escape pods like any federdation ship. they don't build them like the titanic...there is always enough escape pods and shuttles to evacuate an enitre crew on a federation ships.

Time travel in star trek allows for paradox and alternate universes. In First contact, the Enterprise remained int the current universe and protected from the temporal chages because of the temporal wake they were caught in....the movie has created a new universe with an alternate time line.
Thanks for responding....

But, you kinda made my point not explained it differently. In First Contact, Earth was wiped out by Borg because of the past event.... the current timeline didn't keep going like everyone is speculating here... so this would be the only time in Star Trek History where we went back in time, and created a new timeline while the other kept going.

This would be easily explained if we travelled to an altternate universe instead... just like the Mirror universe, one that exists parallel to ours. It seems no one wants to admit that the movie we just watched was a different group of people from a different universe. Probably because they feel it drops the connection we have with them. Personally, it makesd me feel better cuz no matter what they do it has no bearing on the"real" universe.

As for the Kelvin thing, that ship was a monster. Shuttlecraft compliment for the Original Series was 3-4 tops. That thing had 20+ leave the ship. I agree it's a much better design btw, but it doesn't change the fact that the Kelvin is on the scale of a Galaxy Class ship in our universe.

This is what Pike said:
Pike: Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mothers and yours. I dare you to do better.

That puts the crew of the Kelvin at twice the size of the original Enterprise. That thing was huge, and before anything went "back in time". I'm looking for a plausible explanation, I'll take anything but it has to have a chance of being right.

(Like I won't argue Nero engaged 2 different Klingon Fleets, as ridiculous as that sounds, there isn't anything to argue it )

Any more thoughts on the topic are much appreciated
Lt. Commander
# 205
07-18-2009, 04:56 PM
My opinion is that Nero and Spock ended up not in the prime Universe but a parallel one.
Lt. Commander
# 206
07-18-2009, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcus_Veritas
Thanks for responding....

But, you kinda made my point not explained it differently. In First Contact, Earth was wiped out by Borg because of the past event.... the current timeline didn't keep going like everyone is speculating here... so this would be the only time in Star Trek History where we went back in time, and created a new timeline while the other kept going.

This would be easily explained if we travelled to an altternate universe instead... just like the Mirror universe, one that exists parallel to ours. It seems no one wants to admit that the movie we just watched was a different group of people from a different universe. Probably because they feel it drops the connection we have with them. Personally, it makesd me feel better cuz no matter what they do it has no bearing on the"real" universe.

As for the Kelvin thing, that ship was a monster. Shuttlecraft compliment for the Original Series was 3-4 tops. That thing had 20+ leave the ship. I agree it's a much better design btw, but it doesn't change the fact that the Kelvin is on the scale of a Galaxy Class ship in our universe.

This is what Pike said:
Pike: Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mothers and yours. I dare you to do better.

That puts the crew of the Kelvin at twice the size of the original Enterprise. That thing was huge, and before anything went "back in time". I'm looking for a plausible explanation, I'll take anything but it has to have a chance of being right.

(Like I won't argue Nero engaged 2 different Klingon Fleets, as ridiculous as that sounds, there isn't anything to argue it )

Any more thoughts on the topic are much appreciated
I agree with you and have stated a similar opinion in the past. However, I don't think it's worth arguing anymore. The writers of the new trek have already gone on record stating that people that don't agree with the stance popular stance don't matter to them. Also, most people have already made up their minds and nothing short of an official statement from the powers that be from the new Star Trek producers will change their minds.
Lt. Commander
# 207
07-19-2009, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frojoe2004 View Post
A Romulan.... Borg alliance perhaps? The federation is the borgs biggest threat. And I wouldn't put it past the Romulans.
No need for alliiances, plenty of space to go around... Cant we just learn to get along ? :p
Lt. Commander
# 208
07-20-2009, 03:22 PM
[quote=frojoe2004;611146]A Romulan.... Borg alliance perhaps? The federation is the borgs biggest threat. And I wouldn't put it past the Romulans.

If it is a Borg Romulan Alliance then Kahless help the Empire The real Kahless not that clone.
Lt. Commander
# 209
07-21-2009, 05:06 AM
Well theoretically the Borg could have been raided/plundered of their tech. If I recall my canon correctly Janeway infected the Collective at it's source in 2378 with a pathogen that if I'm not mistaken cut off the Queen's control of the Collective for an indeterminate amount of time. (The quote from Janeway, "just enough to bring chaos to order" is what leads me to believe the pathogen disrupted the Queen's control.)

So who knows really how long the effects of that pathogen lasted? I've never been able to find a canonized source that gives a date the Collective recovered or what have you but it is strongly hinted that they did. But who knows how long that kind of confusion and disarray afflicted them. Years? Decades? At any time in that period if people stumbled across a Borg vessel they could have theoretically plundered it with no resistance. Or drones when they got free may have sabataged or destroyed their ships fighting each other as sometimes happened throughout the course of Voyager, in which case the Romulans or whomever is behind this new ship may have been able to locate and salvage wreckage.

Or it could be a Unamatrix Zero/Descent kind of thing where individuality regained Borg formed a faction or group and made an Alliance with the Romulans or whoever is behind it that way. Just my take on what may be behind the Borg bit.
Lt. Commander
# 210
07-22-2009, 04:04 AM
It could be as simple as this one:

the romulan scientists modified nanites and then inject themself those, becomeing a romulan collective. beam all their stuff on a warbird (I am useing this term for large romulan ship) and go off roaming. Will they share any tech with others? doubtful. will they be villains/antagonists? very assumeable.

Without any antagonists the game will be short