Lt. Commander
# 211
07-22-2009, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagash303 View Post
It could be as simple as this one:

the romulan scientists modified nanites and then inject themself those, becomeing a romulan collective. beam all their stuff on a warbird (I am useing this term for large romulan ship) and go off roaming. Will they share any tech with others? doubtful. will they be villains/antagonists? very assumeable.

Without any antagonists the game will be short
Wow, I hope you dont really think that.

Ok, its a Norexian, or Valdore class, same thing, different title that is subject to mild debate. It's been modified by the special facility where they reverse engineered some recovered parts from a Borg Cube. Whoever is currently in control of it, perhaps the leader of a segment of the Romulan navy, is striking at the Klingons, since they are attacking Romulan space. They dont have enough of these ships to pose a serious threat in a full scale war, they cant really reveal themselves completely without getting wiped out, its strong, but not all powerful.

As for this being any part of the playable military if we ever get to play Romulans, very doubtful, its a rogue faction of Romulans. In the unlikely event that we get access to that form of technology for a Romulan, then the other races would have developed there own equivalent/counter to it.
Lt. Commander
# 212
07-23-2009, 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlordthor View Post
Wow, I hope you dont really think that.

Ok, its a Norexian, or Valdore class, same thing, different title that is subject to mild debate. It's been modified by the special facility where they reverse engineered some recovered parts from a Borg Cube. Whoever is currently in control of it, perhaps the leader of a segment of the Romulan navy, is striking at the Klingons, since they are attacking Romulan space. They dont have enough of these ships to pose a serious threat in a full scale war, they cant really reveal themselves completely without getting wiped out, its strong, but not all powerful.

As for this being any part of the playable military if we ever get to play romulans, very doubtful, its a rogue faction of Romulans. In the unlikely event that we get access to that form of technology for a rimulan, then the other races would have developed there own equivalent/counter to it.
This is most likely entirely correct. It amazes me that some people think there may be some kind of Borg/Romulan alliance.
Lt. Commander
# 213
07-23-2009, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCody
It's just a ghost, the romulans are no more. Can't you people tell it's just a nebula that looks funny. What next an image of Elvis or baby Jesus? HA! lol
Just because Romulus was destoyed doesn't mean the romulans are extinct they have a large fleet of ships and a number of colonies any of which could become their new homeworld perhaps they'll name it "New Romulus they will survive. It does look like the Valdore.
Lt. Commander
# 214
07-26-2009, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBrehe
Just because Romulus was destoyed doesn't mean the romulans are extinct they have a large fleet of ships and a number of colonies any of which could become their new homeworld perhaps they'll name it "New Romulus they will survive. It does look like the Valdore.
Yup, but because it looks like a Valdore doesn't mean that the same seperatists who followed Nero didn't acquire one. After all, Nero gained access to the Forge in a simple mining vessel. The idea of the Valdore being fitted with that technology is frightening, but take a step further and imagine if the Scimitar possessed that technology?

I think I can already see of what the PvE combat endgame is going to consist, and that makes me a happy camper.
Lt. Commander
# 215
07-30-2009, 08:15 PM
After the new set of screenshots came out, it's totally got to be a Valdore-type warbird, or at least a massively souped-up variant of one. Check it out:

The original reconnaissance report

vs.

The new screenshot of a Valdore-type

Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 216 Quick Question
07-31-2009, 02:07 PM
Uhm Didnt the Narada Dissapear and go back in time? how in the hell is it in 2409. and wasnt the Forge part of Star Trek Voyager Elite Force? And why the hell cant we play as Romulans? contact me at tmf1701@hotmail.com for ansers

www.destiny.raptorfleet.com
www.federationeliteforce.com
Lt. Commander
# 217
07-31-2009, 11:47 PM
It's not the Narada. Gah ...

And if you paid attention to the stardate on the intelligence report, it's got to be from 2389 or whatnot -- going by 47xxx.x which was in the 7th season of TNG, set in 2370, compare to 66710.12, which was on the report, a difference of 19 years. This is corroborated by the dates of 66xxx.x, which appear in the Path to 2409's entry on 2389. This places this mystery ship a mere two years after Romulus was destroyed (2387) and ten after Nemesis (2379).

Furthermore, the Path to 2409's entry on 2387 (link above) states that it was in that year when the Valdore disappeared and was never found. Of course, it could have been destroyed, but seeing as it is missing and the mysterious ship appears to be of its type, it could easily have made a return in 2389. Why, though, remains the real mystery.
Lt. Commander
# 218 Big Green Target... :p
08-02-2009, 09:26 PM
These Romulan petaq shall pay dearly for this-we have not forgotten the blood fued or forgiven them of thier betryal! Mark my words, that so-called "ship" shall be reduced to a trash heap for our scientists and the Orions and Nausiccans to scrounge for spare parts and thier spouses and children shall weep for the fools that dare to cross us! Qa'pla!
Lt. Commander
# 219
08-04-2009, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EremiticWolf View Post
Interesting, looks Romulan to me
Actually it looks more of a Reman ship from my perspective. I mean we all know that the Scimitar (Shinzons ship) was bulit on Remus by Remans. They could have built more ships, and we know Remans had advanced cloaking tech so it's possible
Lt. Commander
# 220
08-04-2009, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talenus View Post
Its all easily explained. The 47 klingon ships that were destroyed were before the Narada went back in time..its current history.

The kelvin wasn't large, it appears to me they had a crew of maybe 50 people. The ship would have shuttles and escape pods like any federdation ship. they don't build them like the titanic...there is always enough escape pods and shuttles to evacuate an enitre crew on a federation ships.

Time travel in star trek allows for paradox and alternate universes. In First contact, the Enterprise remained int the current universe and protected from the temporal chages because of the temporal wake they were caught in....the movie has created a new universe with an alternate time line.
One Fault with that example, The Enterprise destroyed the borg sphere thus protecting the timeline, no alternate universe was generated in first contact.

but still, how did the distress signal go back in time aswell.