Lt. Commander
# 251
10-29-2009, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Since this unknown Romulan Vessel is believed to be a Valdore-varient, might I suggest to the Devs that you officially name this the Norexian-class starship.
It's Norexan.

Seeing the Enterprise series showed a romulan character of high rank called 'Valdore', there's somewhat more canon reference toward that name than any other. Though this, I admit, applies equally to either ship class or ship name.

Also, this doesn't look to me like the usual Romulan ship: see the sort of curled claw-like shapes close to its neck? That reminds me of the Borg enhancements Nero's mining vessel, the Narada, beneficiated from. A Romulan ship augmented with Borg technology would likely not be what the Klingon expected out of a warbird.
Lt. Commander
# 252 sort of right
10-30-2009, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franbatista123 View Post
i have to say this, but this ship may be part of an alliance between a known specie (like romulans) and an unknown one, well, this is an alternate universe, everything is now possible
the universe this game is based on is the universe that has been around since TOS, so the timeline that the film is in is the alternate reality but yes, anything is possible or do you mean something else

i think this is the valdor with Borg enhancements
Lt. Commander
# 253
10-30-2009, 11:43 AM
As for Ancient Enemy, Aren't you all forgetting about the Iconians??? The Xindi is a possibility I guess.

But this looks like a Borgified Romulan Ship.
Lt. Commander
# 254
10-30-2009, 12:35 PM
It wouldnt be the first time the Romulans allied with the borg. They've done it before or at least a romulan faction within the empire did. We also know that the Romulans have utilized borg technology before. In SFC3, one of the weapons, one that could short out all the enemies weapons, was based in recovered borg technology.

Either way, im betting that only metaphasic shielding or nuetronium armor and handle whatever fire that ship is using. Neutronium can take hits no matter what.
Lt. Commander
# 255
11-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Good mystery. Evidence of Romulans regrouping?...or a new threat?
Lt. Commander
# 256
11-06-2009, 12:04 PM
First things first. Love the babylon 5 reference because it is so true whoever said that. Also... STAR FORGE, REVAN, KOTOR 1. great call. whatever user mentioned that one also.

Anyways, from what I understand Donatra's ship went missing during the supernova. In a majority of 'time travel' related sci-fi, the solar flares etc; have all played their part in going forward or backwards in time. They never did find Donatra, so I personally find it most likely that this ship is from the future, it sure looks romulan to me. Perhaps donatra learned of key betrayals etc; by the klingons / federation in the future that will become huge parts of the plot in STO and this has fuelled her entire vendetta. Utilizing the advanced ship to extract her revenge.

Meh... thats my theory, but to be honest, I don't read the novels and haven't seen all the shows due to lack of funds etc; and availability in my part of Australia. Live long and prosper ya'll.

Sorry for taking up so much space.
Lt. Commander
# 257
11-07-2009, 11:41 AM
If anyone reads The Path to 2409 read the post "The Path to 2409-2391 Supplemental Log".......
I'm not sure but I think we may have found out what this thread is all about???
I'm pretty sure the Log is talking about Species 8472, and if it is we now know how that new Romulan ship
was able to take out so many Klingon ships....
Make sense?
Lt. Commander
# 258 ship
11-08-2009, 04:39 PM
very interresting, cant wait for STO to come out!

--Fleet Admiral Ritz--
--Starfleet Command--
Lt. Commander
# 259
11-13-2009, 12:40 PM
Definatly Romulan, Hope you put them into the first update. My friends and I think that the first update should encompass Romulans for sure, but Jem Hadar and Cardassians as well.
Lt. Commander
# 260 New "Romulan" Ship
11-13-2009, 01:18 PM
The Romulan's have ALWAYS done a better job of Cloaking that the Klingon's.

This appears to be something akin to a "X" class Warbird from StarFleet Battles lore, with advanced weapons. It will take a massive fleet to destroy this ship, as enough damage has to be inflicted to prevent it from repairing itself.

Good Luck, hope this ship keeps harassing the Klingon's and doesn't come our way!