Lt. Commander
# 1 Valkyrie Class Fighter
07-16-2011, 11:07 PM
Any chance to get it in the future? It's part of the expanded universe. I tried to model it in Blender for use in Unity,just to mess around, but lack of reference material. Sooo.. I figured Cryptic would be able to get some info on it and add it to the c-store, or make it a crafted item or both

http://stexpanded.wikia.com/wiki/Valkyrie_class

To add, the U.S.S. Beliskner got a squadron of them. Didn't think the shuttle bay was that big.

http://stexpanded.wikia.com/wiki/USS_Beliskner
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-16-2011, 11:31 PM
Given there's already the Peregrine fighter in game, and about zilch use for them (and shuttles,) other than PvP and one episode mission, I wouldn't expect this. Probably the usual copyright bit in the way to seeing this even a remote possibility.

Plus this would then precursor to the usual Fed carrier bit, that... well... it's not been a pretty topic to bring up.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-17-2011, 02:02 AM
I wouldn't mind if that AND the Scout ship from Insurrection were added to the game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-17-2011, 02:12 AM
Ships, people, and events from games made by other developers cannot be referenced, much less included, in STO, for legal reasons.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-17-2011, 07:10 PM
Legal issues can be straightened out by CBS, cause even if anther developer designed ship, person, and/or event is made, CBS still holds the rights to most of every thing with the Star Trek name on it, and in some cases, developers can uses things from other games, it's just a matter of the two talking to each other.

Also, I like the Valkyrie class fighter than the current fighter.

I do believe they've been talking about making some more shuttle only missions for STO, but in the mean time, the only way I can see using a fighter or a shuttle in a mission with out dieing, is to hook up with some one that's a lower rank than you, and helping them out in missions.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-17-2011, 07:25 PM
I'd rather see the scout then the Valkyrie. Yes the Valkyrie is really neat, but it would almost have to step into BoP territory to compete with the fighters.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-17-2011, 07:58 PM
I would love to see the Valkyrie ingame.

Legal issues aside, if Cryptic could manage to get it in, I'd be willing to pay for it viathe C-Store - I really like it. The Peregrine, less so (which is why I did not buy it).
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-18-2011, 06:56 PM
I think it looks nice therefore I'd buy it. oh also it should have an option for racing stripes and nose art. the delta already has the racing stripes anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-18-2011, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
I wouldn't mind if that AND the Scout ship from Insurrection were added to the game.
I'll take 50 or so.
Each.

*That* will teach the true way whos boss....