I'm just going to state the reason why I stopped carrying for fed carriers. The Feds have the mvam Prometheus and the galaxy r ( that pet is an lol pet.) these are the Feds equivalent no Klingon can fly an mvam raptor or a saucer separating neg var. But mvam is stronger than most carrier pet and carrier pets stay on their targets mvam moves targets with u. The only thing to really be a pet to laugh at is the galaxy r witch is so weak that when doing night of the comet I had it shoot the asteroid while I finished the ships and It wasn't finished when I got back. I understand the ops wishes I had them to but that was a long time ago. ( back at game launch.) but at that time there was no t5 refits so we had no awesome powers to use mvam ss aa tsc or cloak. But to each their own opinion of what the game should be. Just a heads up for yur next thread search the forums on the topic. That's always a little bit of a flame retardant.
I don't really see the need to add carriers to the FED side. Not only are they a bullet magnet, through recent experience and tips I have found to be quite explodeable, but with the MVAM and the Galaxy R in the arsenal, is there really a need to tick of what few klinks are left some more?
Personally i always saw the Klinks as having the best attack ships while the feds always seem to have the better tanks. Watch any series of star trek and see what gets blown up more with the same weapon.
Give them the hammer, we will keep the anvil thank you very much.
Does the word No mean anything to anyone lol.
This is Star Trek, no star wars, not some other space game. Star trek has been in 99 percent of all shows and movies been built around no carrier ships. Rather escorts, light cruisers, cruisers, battleships, and destroyer like ships. No carriers. The second sto becomes a game of fed carriers vrs Klingon carriers is the second i terminate my subscription and refer to this game as carriers online. Not star trek online.
carriers need to remain unique to the klingons and tbh , how hard is it to level one to use it , 3 weeks hard graft or 3 months casual its not a big deal . feds get so much content over the klingons giving the carrier to feds would frankly be embarresing to any fair minded fed
1. Based on the most recent population figures, it will easily multiply the number of players flying carriers by five, probably closer to eight. This means more reasons to address short comings in the core game mechanics behind carriers and more thorough game play testing.
2. It will give the majority of the game population, a majority with no interest in playing a Klingon ever, the means of learning about the carriers weaknesses and strengths from the inside. This means that majority will effectively devise strategies to counter the carrier, and could save that ship from another unecessary nerf.
3. It will give a wealth of information regarding AI pets. So if you're piloting one of the two other Klingon ships with a pet special ability, just happen to be at a high enough level that you have a pet summoning special ability, or just love Scorpion Fighters, you are bound to see some wash over benefits.
4. There will certainly be more than one post in the Federation Shipyard forum demanding that the Fed Carrier be buffed or complaining that their fighters are broken. This will be good for a laugh.
5. It will increase subscription retention on the Federation side by giving some of them the ship they really want to play. This means a financially healthier MMO, and since we're all in this boat together, I think we can all get behind the idea of an overall healthier MMO.
Now, I'm not saying that a Federation Carrier is overall a good idea. Well, actually I am saying that, but I understand it's not a clear cut situation. I am trying to say that when your only argument against a Federation Carrier is, "You didn't earn one!" you do a diservice to what is a complicated question.
Does anyone know if there are any plans in the works, to introduce a Carrier for the Federation? It would be very cool to have the U.S.S Typhon from the Star Trek: Invasion game as well as the various fighters. Just a thought to throw out there
No. The Typhoon was a battleship, not a carrier. Keep carriers unique to the KDF, it's about all they have left that makes them unique.