Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
Quote:
Q: D.Blackman What happened to the German / French translations?

A: This has been on hold pending the possible sale of Cryptic Studios. Once details of that are available to discuss, this is something we hope to be able to resolve. We miss having the game translated and want to get this resolved for our players.

from Ask Cryptic July 2011
At first thank you for an Answer.
Now it makes sense to me why nothing happened in the Last Moths.
Atari did not use any resources , because the sale of Cryptic was decided.

Perfect World has a lot of Games, actually they only developed one as far as I know, and bought the others.
All perfect World Games are available in German / French / Simplified Chinese (Mandarin).

Perfect World Europe B.V. in Holland is a Sub-company working on Game Translations, and Billing Support.
As far as I see it and I am full of hope, there is a realistic Chance that STO will get its proper Translation. Central Europe is the second largest Star Trek market.

It will not happen tomorrow or next week. Perhaps 2012 or even later.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-06-2011, 07:48 AM
I'm hoping this will get resolved sooner rather than later. I look at this issue from various standpoints. It's only fitting this game be given what is needed to accomendate the entire ST community from all over the world. While I reserve my final judgement of APW's purchase of Cryptic, & what the future will hold, I'll remain optimistic that issues pertaining to non-US support & ingame problems will be resolved far more efficiently & with better customer service.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-06-2011, 10:46 AM
@D.Blackman

if that was a question, i can only say you already got more information then most of us do, so thx for sharing, sounds promising ^^

i would be interested,
if Perfect World could possibly mean that STO may get Servers for EU and/or Asia?

...not that STO would be unplayable from the EU, but i guess a Server over here could improve the Ping a bit.

How does PW handle their own servers so far? Does anybody know?
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-06-2011, 02:24 PM
You seem to write English perfectly well, I'm just wondering why you would need translation? (not that im saying you shouldnt have it )
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-06-2011, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Equinox
You seem to write English perfectly well, I'm just wondering why you would need translation? (not that im saying you shouldnt have it )
When they translated "Continue" to german, I was done with the german "translation". Why ? I would translate it back into "Trying to move".

That happens when people use cheap and virus-infected 3rd world translation technology.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-06-2011, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
@D.Blackman

i would be interested,
if Perfect World could possibly mean that STO may get Servers for EU and/or Asia?

...not that STO would be unplayable from the EU, but i guess a Server over here could improve the Ping a bit.

How does PW handle their own servers so far? Does anybody know?

Well i do not like the Idea splitting up into different regional servers (US, EU ,Asia....)
I like it the way it is right now.

PW currently provides different servers for each region (1 German server, 1 French, 3 Pan-european and 5 US, 3 Asia). All Accounts work on nearly every server except Chinese servers, they are for Chinese residents only. (Information from Forsaken World)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Equinox
Well I used the German Client 2 Days and switched to English, In German its not very good playable and the level of frustration can be high, but there are a lot of people that want to play this game but cant. Belive it or not not every German can Speak/read/write English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
When they translated "Continue" to german, I was done with the german "translation". Why ? I would translate it back into "Trying to move".

That happens when people use cheap and virus-infected 3rd world translation technology.
Exactly. Feels Atari used a "easy" Translation Tool^^