Lt. Commander
To any Klingon players who have Fed toons that have played my mission:

Would you be interested in an epic Klingon Foundry mission that lasted about two to three hours?

I tend to go heavy on the story-driven aspect and try to tie into existing Trek somehow. If you have a Fed toon and played my mission "The Second to Last Outpost", you'll get an idea of how long and involved the mission might be if I decide to go forward.

I was just wondering if this is something you Klingon players would play if I took the time to write the script and build it?

Of course, I would need good constructive criticism to do this right. I'd assume you'd want glorious battle, driving your enemies before you, hearing the lamentations of their women....but would you also like intrigue, deception, cloak-and-dagger, and outright betrayal?

Your thoughts here are welcomed!
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-05-2011, 06:07 PM
For me even the best stories that draw you in will grow tiresome after 45 minutes to an hour. I would suggest creating a story as you describe in chapters and not one long story. You want to keep your audience coming back for more and on the edge of their seats waiting for the next installment.

That's my opinion anyway. Good luck.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-05-2011, 06:12 PM
Thank you, sir!

I guess my only concern with that is the limited amount of Foundry slots we have to play with. I thought about doing a three mission arc instead, but I'm just not sure. :/

I appreciate your opinion on the matter!
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-06-2011, 01:36 AM
i would agree. i would say that the average gamer is used to a 45 minute mission, maybe an hour tops as that is what they have been playing for the past 18 months.

you can make longer (and some will love that) but at that point you would be best putting a note in the text to tell people what to expect. i like an involved mission but after an hour i start to wonder when it will end. id personally want to know before hand what im getting into.

you also have to be damn sure your making a good mission. you dont want people getting bored half way through.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-07-2011, 06:49 AM
I agree, as frustrating as it is to be limited to a few slots really long missions can a bit of a turn off.

Anything longer than an hour also opens up the problem of bugs slipping into your mission which if not apparent till you get an hour or so in can be really annoying to your audience.