Lt. Commander
Is this in the works?

I hoping Cryptic will eventaully make a MACO uniform / weapons bundle pack:

1. Uniform Jackets, Pants, Belts, Boots, Badges, Ranks, Patch
2. Alternate Universe MACO Uniform items (listed above)
3. Weapons: Assault Rifle Tr -116, Sniper Rifle TR - 116a; Stun Baton melee weapon.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-07-2011, 05:47 AM
This is relevant to my interests
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-07-2011, 08:06 AM
There is no evidence to suggest that the MACO still exist. Most likely they were absorbed into the Federation after it was established. My guess is any Starfleet officer specializing in tactical / weapons would probably have included previously known MACO training.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-07-2011, 01:57 PM
I'd like to see a MACO bundle someday, mainly because I'm a big Enterprise fan. I wouldn't mind getting the stun baton and one of their rifles. I'd probably buy the bundle if it came with the uniform options as well, even though I'm pretty indifferent on them, really.

Also, I was on the (web) C-Store earlier today, and it showed that the Enterprise bundle pack was one of the best sellers, so, hopefully, that means the team will do some more Enterprise-related items Soon™.

(I'm all for this MACO bundle idea, and I really want a NX-Classs bridge & interiors, like the TOS bundle. However, the most important ENT item not in the game yet is, naturally, Porthos! )
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-07-2011, 01:58 PM
can we also get the cool Maco Carbine they use in Ent :d that thing is awsome
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonCapitan
There is no evidence to suggest that the MACO still exist. Most likely they were absorbed into the Federation after it was established. My guess is any Starfleet officer specializing in tactical / weapons would probably have included previously known MACO training.
The problem with this theory is that in the book The Needs of the Many Jake Sisko interviewed a former MACO officer in 2421. The game setting began in 2409, so it is likley that MACOs still exist during the Undine War, and it would not be likely that the unit would be disbanded at the same time as the Klingon War began.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blodveard View Post
The problem with this theory is that in the book The Needs of the Many Jake Sisko interviewed a former MACO officer in 2421. The game setting began in 2409, so it is likley that MACOs still exist during the Undine War, and it would not be likely that the unit would be disbanded at the same time as the Klingon War began.
"book" soft canon, they can ignor any books they want to
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-07-2011, 05:45 PM
I would buy it ! CRYPTIC , I would sell my soul for a maco bundle
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-07-2011, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohort View Post
"book" soft canon, they can ignor any books they want to
Except that the whole title of that book is 'STAR TREK ONLINE: The Needs Of The Many'.

Pedantic arguments on canon for or against are irrelevant anyways, if people want it and Cryptic thinks it'll sell we'll see it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-07-2011, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
Except that the whole title of that book is 'STAR TREK ONLINE: The Needs Of The Many'.

Pedantic arguments on canon for or against are irrelevant anyways, if people want it and Cryptic thinks it'll sell we'll see it.
You want canon? WTH was Colonel West? Obviously he wasn't regular Starfleet.
http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/West
And this business of MACOs being mentioned in an STO novel... Well that synches it for me. Though, perhaps 25th century MACOs look like those security patrols wandering around ESD?