Lt. Commander
# 21
07-07-2011, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xautos
i am also disppointed, the ground combat seems immensly unbalanced, i am apart of a very good fleet and some of them are very good at STFS, now with the STF's you can pass gate one on cure but gate 2 requires a more creative approach since a couple of borg shots can kill you even with heal buffs, i can see this being a common complaint. i might as well say it now, in a 5 man group we all got totally wiped out and very quickly even with scis, its not doing much.
Huh haven't had much a problem myself, with my Engineer spamming turrets, drones, and then using the new awesome orbital strike. Key is to use rifles and stay far away while the turrets soak up the damage.
Lt. Commander
# 22 Two thumbs up!!!
07-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Fantastic work, Cryptic!

While it might appear there isn't much of an update for the average player here I bet you guys (and gals?) had to tear tons of program coding apart only to rebuild it piece by piece to allow now RPG based and Shooter based gameplay together and swich inbetween at leisure!

Ground combat feels dynamically charged, exciting and captures the Star Trek series feel! Finally the weakness of STO, groundcombat, isn't anymore existing and can stand up to the experience in space.

Now give only a proper game introduction at Starfleet Academy/Klingon Academy and the game is ready to hook all the player (and of course newcomer too) who thought back at February 2010 that the game is only half ready for the market.

I'm counting days until the DOff system is out.

p.s.: would it be too much asked if you move the gametime officially to 2410 and write an update aboout Path to 2409?
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Love it. Amazing work once again. I fell in love with this game all over again.
Lt. Commander
# 24 Game Closes can't play
07-07-2011, 01:40 PM
I don't even get to play.........
I get all logged in and ready to play, then I click on my hud or anything and the game closes.
Yes I will put in a ticket, but it's still not fair... :-P
Bummer I really was looking forward to season four.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-07-2011, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by [SF
RJ]I don't even get to play.........
I get all logged in and ready to play, then I click on my hud or anything and the game closes.
Yes I will put in a ticket, but it's still not fair... :-P
Bummer I really was looking forward to season four.
If you have xfire shut it down. Had the same issue but I saw this link.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=222588
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-07-2011, 02:20 PM
I would rather them put the entire season on this three day period instead of a little bit. You still have the dailies which get dull after awhile. They need to put the STF's in a Queue so that you may find a group easier. Still good job on the ground combat I like it better now.
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-07-2011, 03:15 PM
ok we aborted our run on cure, we had no answer for armeks power, we tried everything we could think of to beat him, even asking other clans for an answer, the gates did require a creative approach and next time that will be the norm, as far as armek is concerned though... im not sure. he is super powerful, he can wipe the floor with our group, full buffs included. we did manage to get his HP down to half before all hell broke loose with the beam in drones.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-07-2011, 03:35 PM
The game crash / gameserver time out / unable to log in is something I've been reporting the past couple of days since the last build on tribble... and no dev response yet...
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-07-2011, 05:42 PM
I'd like to enjoy Season 4 but someone broke the PvP queues again (again).
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Looking good. a few laggy bugs here and there...but i love it....