Lt. Commander
# 31
07-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Cool, I've been away from STO because things seemed slow after Cloked Intentions. Perhaps I sould make a new character.
Lt. Commander
Despite all the hype it has had ZERO impact on my game. The new voice chat simply DOES NOT WORK, and I have no intention of fighting the Borg. Ground combat seems a bit faster and the LCARS loading screens are nicer to look at but thats about it. And its not just me, no one in my Fleet has been able to use voice chat either.
Lt. Commander
# 33
07-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefox74654 View Post
If you have xfire shut it down. Had the same issue but I saw this link.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=222588
Thank you that works, then I started X-fire after game was loaded and going, it works fine then.
Lt. Commander
# 34
07-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Here's my feedback so far on top of all the comments made already.

The first is the new auto download feature. This is plain rubbish. I would rather download all the content prior to playing the latest update, than sit for whats been over 20 minutes now whilst trying to look at my bridge. It seems your crappy servers can't cope and i currently have a download rate of zero bytes, but as you can tell my high speed broadband connection is fine since i'm online writing this. So not only does it not tell me how big the file is it's downloading but i have no indication of how long it's going to take. THis is just plain crap so get rid of it, it was a stupid idea. Imagine if i had an hours bonus on there, this would seriously suck into the time. THis is a huge hit on my game time and i am not impressed.

Next is the new bold text everywhere. Get rid of it, it creates eye strain, looks untidy and to be honest is god damn bloody awful.

Also not too keen on my personal shields dropping from 400 to 250. Three shots and they're gone, two more shots and i'm dead. Glad you balanced that bit of gameplay out now (there doesn't appear to be a sarcasm font).

I'm sure you made some good changes, i just haven't seen them yet though. I don't like the new ground shooter mode, you can't seem to be able to target and direct your officers very well or if at all in fact. But thats just me so i use the normal mode instead.

**Oh yes, the damn thing just disconnected me fromthe server as it took so long to load your mid game auto update i mentioned at the start. Well done on that cunning plan!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 35
07-09-2011, 02:52 AM
I love all the updates so far. (Provisional, since I haven't experimented with the new Borg combat.) The new shooter gameplay is a very pleasant change of pace, even if it's mostly cosmetic. The new load screens are quite nice, too. Overall I can tell you spent a metric **** ton of effort on changes.

Quite sorry you have to deal with all the surly malcontent players that seem to think every change you made is garbage, but I for one appreciate all the trouble you've gone to on my behalf over the last year and a half.

You've gone to lengths which are absolutely unprecedented in an MMO to restructure gameplay. Like any update to an MMO some of these have been hit or miss, and not without their growing pains, false starts or stumbles, but overall STO is rapidly becoming the game Star Trek fans were hoping for, and it's all due to your positive reception of those passionate about your product.

Now, hop to it and make me a Defiant class variant skin that doesn't look as ugly as the Gallant or I shall withhold my purchase of C-Store items and make it that much harder for you to put your kids through college! Make it snappy, chop chop.
Lt. Commander
# 36
07-09-2011, 05:40 AM
Great work on the new combat system!
Lt. Commander
# 37
07-09-2011, 05:32 PM
I honestly don't understand what the players who are complaining about the combat system are talking about? The new ground system is superb; ground combat finally , at long last, does not feel like a dreary slog through mindless point-and-click grind and actually begins to feel a bit like a war simulation; the controls in sniper mode in the new shooter combat almost have 1-to-1 real time responsiveness. I've played every MMO out there, and the new ground combat here is now my favorite of them all... (At least until the new dynamic combat engine of GW2, when that MMO finally comes out, that is.)

Toggling back and forth between Shooter mode and RPG mode is as easy and intuitive as breathing, and the modes switch immediately without any lag time whatsoever. At least for me, the optimal combat strategy for the new system is to switch strategically between the shooter mode and the RPG mode depending on the impending combat situation, sometimes in the middle of the same fight.

Well done, Cryptic. I'm awaiting the new DOFF system with bated breath and breathless anticipation.

Now if you guys could finally figure out what part of the new codes for season 4 messed up the Foundry, my happiness would be complete...LOL.
Lt. Commander
# 38
07-09-2011, 05:51 PM
Really enjoying the new combat, fixed beaming up alpha map issue, new walk animation, and LCARS loading screen! Thanks Cryptic for fixing my 2 biggest issues (alpha maps and walking animation). They maybe small requests, but someone heard!
Lt. Commander
# 39
07-10-2011, 06:03 AM
hello Cryptic,

i like season 4 very much ok the new ground combat system is a huge step for the game in my eyes, but must you really reduce the health and shield in the game. Someone of my friends and i find it too hard. I think a 25% of the old value reduce would be enough.

So but what i like is the new ship store. But i can not understand, why only the store. Ok the Ships Database in the Yards on the console maybe not the burner, but it would be for me logical, that the new ship store could be the new ship database. The only different would be the "Buy button". So you have 2 ships database now and one is too much in my eyes and at the moment is this the console variant on the shipyards.

Greetings

Jack
Lt. Commander
# 40 season 4 updates
07-10-2011, 06:45 AM
Hi,

First, I can see real attempts by cryptic to make this game better. I think ground 2.0 is an excellent update. Fighting the borg has a whole dynamic now. The gun mechanics make much more sense now and there is more strategy as to how you use your guns versus before with 1 gun fits all. Keep up the good work..

Now for the things that I have noticed:

It seems that by nerfing our shields and health, somehow inadvertantly the borg bosses became too strong. It seems to me that the Borg Queen for infected is impossible. I can see other complaints about the cure boss. Many people have been saying the Borg Queen is unbeatable in the zone chat. You will need to adjust the bosses, but please don't make it too easy.

Please post instructions on how to setup Voice Chat. It doesn't seem to work for the vast majority of us. Do we need specific headsets or something? I used Ventrillo in the past without a hitch, so I am unsure where my difficulty is coming from. Also, the new bar below the box we type in for the chat is there when my game loads, but when I enter a solar system, the whole bar dissapears. I can still use text based chat, bul all voice based chat is gone. When I pull up the options (by clicking on the 3 person icon) none of those options seem to work related to voice chat. I have checked all my settings in the options screen also.

Thank you,
Adam