Lt. Commander
# 1 Scramble Sensors
06-20-2011, 07:48 PM
What would you do with Scramble Sensors if we had a chance?

1) Leave it alone?

2) Limit it to a 90 Degree Arc like Viral Matrix? (Not my Idea)

3) Have it have power drain while it's active?

4) Give it an Mutara Nebula Effect in fuzzying up the screens?

5) Something else? (Explain).

What about differences at lower levels besides duration?

Example with the Mutara Effect:

SS1 = a light static where everyone within range has a small chance to lose target lock on an opponent temporily, but can reaquire target within 2 seconds. Scrambling only effects enemies.

SS2 = moderate static where you have a 25% of losing target lock on opponents. AoE abilities may have difficulty being used, such as Fire at Will firing off randomly at times. Ability can have slight effect on teammates with SS1 level side-effects.

SS3 = a heavy static jamming effect on a opposing player's screen (not enough to impeed player manuvering) and they have a 50% chance to maintain target lock. AoE's are impossible to use. SS2 level effects for friendly plaiers.

**Players can reduce jamming effect with high sensor ability skills and Auxillary Power.

So lets hear your ideas.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-20-2011, 07:54 PM
I think the static effect from the romulan missions plus having the same effect on your teammate's lifebars and shield facings would be neat. It would be used as an anti healer, where the healer would have no idea how bad their teammates are getting hit and voice chat would have to be used to communicate it to him. It would certainly slow the healing game down.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-20-2011, 07:55 PM
It should turn all ships hostile instead of friendly, would need a massive reduction in up time for this to work, and also would need an immunity after expiration. Maybe make it so its a single target instead of AOE.

Though to be fair, I'm quite happy with 1 and 2 as they are.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-20-2011, 08:05 PM
What are people's thoughts on making Scramble a single target ability like Viral? That would certainly solve a lot of problems and be a quick and easy fix.

My number 1 fix for it currently: Immunity. Make it 10-15 seconds, just so that you're not permaScrambled.

After that, make it easier than it currently is to clear. Yes, I know SS3 should have it's target jumping, but it's utter nonsense than I can spam F1 to target myself, only to have my SciTeam beam over to a random ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
I think the static effect from the romulan missions plus having the same effect on your teammate's lifebars and shield facings would be neat. It would be used as an anti healer, where the healer would have no idea how bad their teammates are getting hit and voice chat would have to be used to communicate it to him. It would certainly slow the healing game down.
Pugs would be wrecked by this. Even with the Vivox integration, there's going to be tons of people that don't use it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-20-2011, 08:09 PM
Pugs get wrecked by it anyways, and what better way to promote the new voip.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-20-2011, 08:20 PM
1) I don't think anything is wrong with Scramble Sensors. It's uselessness against 1-vs-1 fights make it of pretty dismal use in PvE, and in PvP you just need to be cautious about it.

4) a nebula effect like shown in The Vault would actually be thematically very cool!
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-20-2011, 08:31 PM
I'll get over the current version if it stops stealing my Evasive Maneuvers and if I can reliably target myself to use abilities. A 90 degree arc makes perfect sense. I don't like how long the ability can last but if these other issues are addressed I can get over that.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-20-2011, 11:38 PM
Scramble Sensors as a whole:
  • Either team abilities can only be used on self, since all other ships become labeled as hostile and your able to affect them as such. Change out the ability to heal enemy ships for that instead.
  • Or Make Scramble Sensors Fragile, like Jam Sensors, based on the level on scramble. If eitiher you or your team fires on a scrambled target, it can cause that person to become unscrambled.
  • Remove the bug where Evasive Maneuvers, while scrambled, misfires.
  • Reduce the Duration max/aux amount to perhaps 25% of what the max each level can get up to.
  • Scramble 1: Leave as is. Specing grants greater chance for random targeting (Max 15% chance to Jump to a random target). (Max Duration 10 Seconds)
  • Scramble 2: Leave the Random Targeting (Max 25% Chance to jump targets), but reduce duration as above. Remove chance to throw a power randomly to another none targeted player/object. (Max Duration 15 Seconds)
  • Scramble 3: Leave Random Targeting (Max 35% chance to Jump targets), Remove random chance to randomly jump a skill to a non targeted target, Reduce Duration as above. (Max Duration 20 Seconds)

People it affects: Healers, DPS. Healers can nolonger target other players, while DPS might accidently kill a friendly.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-21-2011, 12:09 AM
I would prefer the static of the nebula with the inability to see any health bars.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-21-2011, 12:47 AM
At the risk pf sounding COMPLETELY out of the loop, what exactly (in detail) does Scramble Sensors III do right now that it seems most everyone is opposed to, if versions I and II are fine?

(I don't use rank III SS on any ship, so I've no idea)