Lt. Commander
# 31
07-08-2011, 09:17 PM
The quality is downright awful.
Lt. Commander
# 32
07-08-2011, 09:20 PM
I can't see any channels other than "fleet", which is usually empty. Nor do I see any options to hop into other channels. And there isn't a "local" chat or a zone chat, but I can understand why not (it would get very noisy).
Lt. Commander
# 33 Im liking it.
07-08-2011, 09:22 PM
Im usually a ventrillo user now I use both works well. Im sure itll get tuned up a bit.
Lt. Commander
# 34
07-11-2011, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonslayer View Post
WHAT MAKES YOU THINK I WANT TO TALK TO ANYONE IN GAME?

It's bad enough to see all the stupid comments in the chat window, now I have to subject my ears to that abuse as well?

I don't even like most of you people....
It's optional.Most of the kiddies with their stupid comments are probably not using the service.This is the reason they made it only available to fleets and teams.Imagine running through ESD and hearing all the little kids insufferable crap they spew? That would be awful.Still,without private rooms within the fleets version I dont see this beating TS3 or vent.Oh and if you cant get people to talk in your fleet just join a larger one with more active players.
Lt. Commander
# 35
07-11-2011, 05:44 AM
would it be possble to have party chat, something like windows live or would it take up to much bandwith and sever space
Lt. Commander
# 36
07-11-2011, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtRhodes
It's optional.Most of the kiddies with their stupid comments are probably not using the service.This is the reason they made it only available to fleets and teams.Imagine running through ESD and hearing all the little kids insufferable crap they spew? That would be awful.Still,without private rooms within the fleets version I dont see this beating TS3 or vent.Oh and if you cant get people to talk in your fleet just join a larger one with more active players.
More importantly, you would probably found out a number of the female players are actually dudes.
Lt. Commander
# 37
07-13-2011, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasensal
The quality is downright awful.
SWG has better voice chat.

There I said it.
Lt. Commander
# 38
07-13-2011, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
SWG has better voice chat.

There I said it.
I will admit it is buggy, but from what I have heard and seen, the quality rivals Ventrillo.
Lt. Commander
# 39
07-13-2011, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtRhodes
It'd be like playing Black Ops ;-)
Lt. Commander
# 40
07-13-2011, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonX_The_CruxDragon
Even on Tribble I couldn't get it to work, voice chat is enabled and my microphone is plugged in and works fine on every VOIP service I've ever used, on STO the vivox controls won't even show up where they should and even trying to Mic test only results in a blank box.
Yup, my friend and I are having the same problem. I've got a Logitech USB headset, and he has a bluetooth device. They both work great when we fire up Skype or Vent, but even though we can select our units in the chat controls, we hear nothing, and the voice test is an empty box...