Lt. Commander
# 11
07-08-2011, 02:57 PM
I really doubt Cryptic cares, they still never implemented things with Ground PvP that people asked a year ago. For instance Safe Respawn points.

I also would like to see an improvement to the Queue system to let us see whom we are fighting.

Tactical cloak needs nerfed in away to have it detectable within close range or having all buffs unavailable during cloake. These 1 shot shotgun kills are too much. And Security Teams need looking at too.

Science desperately needs Neural Neutralizer and Heal Stacking to be nerfed.

There needs to be a knockdown resistance.

And we should have Accuracy Debuffs while in motion.

EDIT: Just Fought Salami in a GPvP match.... I think I just effectively conveyed my point.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Nerf security team and sci placate, I like knockdown resistance idea and changing the maps for more cover. Safe respawns needed too and better maps.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-08-2011, 06:03 PM
I only played 1 match last night because most people hated it so much, they didn't even want to play 1 more. A couple things I noticed...

Full auto rifle? Utter garbage. I would have rather kept the old full auto assault, because now it has no burst capacity at all compared to, say, a shotgun.

Shotgun = OP. I have one on all my toons, it's the go-to close range weapon.

Sniper rifle secondary shot...needs to do more damage. The primary fire does more given the time it takes to fire the secondary shot.

Melee needs help (and the Tegolar sword looking like a falchion issue is still around).

And my biggest complaint: SHIELDS. TBH, I think they really messed up here. My character's HP and resistance is a lot more than my shield's, which shouldn't be the case at all. Engineers shouldn't be able to tank a whole team, but their shield resist should be enough to take about twice as many shots as a tac or sci without any buffs.

Think of how firefights were in canon...1 hit=dead. In the interest of making the game fair, I'd say you should die in about 3-4 shots unshielded. However, shields should take the brunt of the punishment. As things are, it's pointless to carry any shield recharge batteries because it won't matter anyway.

Lastly, weapons with a DOT modifier are pointless now. It won't matter if your weapon does extra radiation damage, the only thing that matters now is the burst damage potential.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-08-2011, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
I really doubt Cryptic cares, they still never implemented things with Ground PvP that people asked a year ago. For instance Safe Respawn points.

I also would like to see an improvement to the Queue system to let us see whom we are fighting.

Tactical cloak needs nerfed in away to have it detectable within close range or having all buffs unavailable during cloake. These 1 shot shotgun kills are too much. And Security Teams need looking at too.

Science desperately needs Neural Neutralizer and Heal Stacking to be nerfed.

There needs to be a knockdown resistance.

And we should have Accuracy Debuffs while in motion.

EDIT: Just Fought Salami in a GPvP match.... I think I just effectively conveyed my point.
Actually it's quite possible to see a tac cloaked without tric scan or Target Optics up. Acute Senses is a very handy trait for that :-p

as far as sec teams go, I dunno. I mean half the time the firefight is either over due to the engie's overwhelming massed pets, or Blast Spam (as in the old Arc Blaster) before the redshirts can even finish beaming in, at least that's been my experience so far. They just don't impress me, even when I do get them on the field, I find them most useful on Otha, to draw aggro for me while I upload the virus.

Also, any general AOE going off will hit you while cloaked, and knock the snot out of you in the process. Unlike our space cloaks however this doesn't actually throw you out of cloak The reason this is a bad thing is because they can still see you once you take the damage and then everyone just unloads on you before you can finish the decloak button.

Shotguns would be more in line, if maps were actually more appropriately designed, as it stands right now the maps are hideously unbalanced in AOE and Engie Pet Spam's favor. (limited approach angles, equally limited escape angles, and narrow confines)
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-08-2011, 08:11 PM
Not as an Engineer (even with Deployables out). I had a Tactical point blank in the hallway waiting as my teammates went by and they didn't see a thing. The more I play Ground PvP, the more I HATE IT. It gets lamer with these 1 sided battles, that makes FvK look pale in comparison.

I wish they would come here and tell us that they are looking into it, but as usual they don't care about PvP balance nor us who went through the effort to actually test it. Unlike the rest of those there who only want whatever Cryptic is giving out.

EDIT: Okay the Spawn Camping Nonsense has gotten to Epic Levels. Just love the High Blood Pressure making me dizzy out of anger.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Your engineer doesn't have acute senses does he? :p
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-08-2011, 08:56 PM
I honestly thought that this new game mode would make ground pvp more fun. Heck no it didnt! And spawn campers ahoy. GPVP level design 101:

-The map should funnel players towards "action spots" that provide cover and open space to run and gun
-Spawn points should be protected. Almost like a small base the other team can not get into
-Each class should have advantages and disadvantages over other classes

For that last point, tacs and sci own pvp. Tacs can buff themselves like crazy, and sci can heal like no one else. Engies get two buffs. Quick fix, and weapon battery. And they need to rely on hypos to heal. They do get summons and de-buffs, but combat moves so fast now that they don't matter anymore. Unless you happen to be spawn camping. Then engies rule
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-08-2011, 09:01 PM
Engies just have to camp in general :p

use 2 tacs to help clear the way while they setup shop. 1 sci to do some heavy healing. And then just lock themselves into a death hallway that they can spam blast assaults down the hallway and let their pets finish off the targets, and replace force field domes as necessary. that kind of team kind of moves slowly forwards. just throwing down more emplacements as they go.

Which is why arena sucks in a game like this. Because you have to engage that group at some point if you want kills. And if not, they'll come for you. There's no time limit on games, it's kill to the end.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-08-2011, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
Your engineer doesn't have acute senses does he? :p
No he doesn't. I put it into useful skills.

After constantly running into the Fista Sisters, they pretty much conditioned me to leave the match. Because I know it's a losing battle if they are on the other side. And newbies to GPVP is starting to do the same. Its almost like STO at launch all over again.

But they got me thinking how stupid Cryptics new system is regarding PvP. For starters, there should be consequences when charging and being in the open. In the real world or in Star Trek, you aren't going to RAMBO charge like that. So there should really be some major accuracy and negative defense modifiers when moving. That way it encourages you to take cover more often.

But if by some miracle reads this, Cryptic likely would roll their eyes in doing this because it would upset their precious PvE base.

Really shows how PvE and PvP cannot be balanced and they need seperate programing to do the balancing.

EDIT: Stahl said they are already looking into things. Hope Salami didn't get too baddly bruised. :p

So its a matter of time after the bugs are squashed. Betcha a bar of latinum fixes will be sometime in August.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-09-2011, 06:48 AM
Acute Senses is incredibly useful for a ground character man. +10 percent Exploit damage alone should be enough to whet your appetite :p

Being able to see a stealthed tac ninja, at 10 meters out is also very useful.

What makes the shotgun ninja effective isn't just blindly charging in. Also, you lose quite abit of damage if you aren't crouch walking, as well as a nifty supplement bonus to any rolls you perform to get out of the way. (The damage difference is a whopping 33 percent. Crouch walking is a pretty slow advance too)

The big problem is again, the maps which encourage Blast weapons, to almost the exclusivity of everything else. Couple that with a poor level design in general for those said maps and you've got a recipe for pvp disaster if you're up against a ground Blast Spamming pvp team.

Also, we still have ui bugs that have been in since beta. I wouldn't bet on that if I were you