Lt. Commander
# 11
07-07-2011, 01:38 PM
The previously green glowing nacelles from the borg shields are now a dark matte green.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Hm, only have the Borg set on one ship, a carrier, but didn't notice any difference. Of course, I didn't change anything as far as materials or anything, either.
Donno...maybe it's just certain ships...?
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
The previously green glowing nacelles from the borg shields are now a dark matte green.
If anyone can post a screenshot of this happening it would be very helpful, in the meantime I'll continue trying to figure this out.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
Hm, only have the Borg set on one ship, a carrier, but didn't notice any difference. Of course, I didn't change anything as far as materials or anything, either.
Donno...maybe it's just certain ships...?
I believe it is only a few certain people. Probably graphics card settings.

If you are having this problem, it would be greatly helpful to me to help resolve it if you can post your graphics card type, and describe what graphics settings you are running on.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
This is unusual.

With season 4 we have changed the material templates to use a new Normal Map compression algorithm and added a color specular map to them as well, perhaps this new shader is complicating the way patterns affect parts.

I'll look in to this soon. My schedule is compacted with creating new content, and considering the nature of this bug I may not have the hours it will take to investigate it fully until a later time.

I am able to achieve identical results to your screenshot, so I'll see if I can duplicate this on an olderversion of the game.

Thanks
Ah thanks anyway. I dont need it to be fixed today or tomorrow, just hoping it to be fixed. If i could log back to Season 3 I could show you exactly what I mean and make a screenshot of it. It happened today and today only. Im at least happy that you try to acknowledge it
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Screenshot of the matte nacelles: http://denkbassin.de/extern/sto/2011...teNacelles.jpg

Even with all graphics options turned on it remains matte.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-07-2011, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
If anyone can post a screenshot of this happening it would be very helpful, in the meantime I'll continue trying to figure this out.
Of course CapnLogan, here:
http://imageshack.us/f/577/dddun.jpg/

TBH, I like it without the glow and in its current version. But the Borg Shield Array effect (skin) looks terrible. Looks like someone placed grass on my hull....
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elnaith View Post
Of course CapnLogan, here:
http://imageshack.us/f/577/dddun.jpg/

TBH, I like it without the glow and in its current version. But the Borg Shield Array effect (skin) looks terrible. Looks like someone placed grass on my hull....
aewsome, thanks for the SS... we're looking in to this right now.

Quick question for you - are your graphics settings on high?

And a question for the OP if he ever returns - what are these "red and green arrows" you're talking about??
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Yes, it is set to high, though I had to turn AA down to 2x due the player flood on ESD ^^
Running on an Nvidia 8800GT with latest drivers. Those Nacelles were also dark on since the first S4 Tribble release. I thought it was a feature
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-07-2011, 02:18 PM
additionally.. say I am cloaked and I choose to enable or disable visual effects on my borg equip. I immediately decloak, but my cloaking power still shows as the cloak being on. Wanted to point this out.