Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
07-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Ok, I see that they are discussing this issue over here.

Don't hold your breath for a Dev to come here, it is too potentially volantile an issue for someone to comment on when there is likely no chance for this to change. Like to BO slots and others, it was a business that "hey, we can make more money per character than account wide, so per character win". Yes I am sure that per character makes in-game and play style sense as you may only need more space for those characters you play most and this helps prevent additional creations of "mules), but the character deletion issue and this not allowing sharing between charcaters or even being done as a slot option for better organizing just irks me.

After waiting for almost a year for such a feature after getting used to fantastic features that are in Guild Wars, I am gonna have to pass on this until there is a massive holiday sale(which I am sure if yet another reason this is per chracter as people on fence will just buy later when things are slightly cheaper).

Lucky
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-12-2011, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_13_X
Ok, I see that they are discussing this issue over here.

Don't hold your breath for a Dev to come here, it is too potentially volantile an issue for someone to comment on when there is likely no chance for this to change. Like to BO slots and others, it was a business that "hey, we can make more money per character than account wide, so per character win". Yes I am sure that per character makes in-game and play style sense as you may only need more space for those characters you play most and this helps prevent additional creations of "mules), but the character deletion issue and this not allowing sharing between charcaters or even being done as a slot option for better organizing just irks me.

After waiting for almost a year for such a feature after getting used to fantastic features that are in Guild Wars, I am gonna have to pass on this until there is a massive holiday sale(which I am sure if yet another reason this is per chracter as people on fence will just buy later when things are slightly cheaper).

Lucky
The thing that boggles the mind is that Champions Online, which uses the same engine as STO, has additional bank space that costs in-game currency. They got that in the first big patch after it went live, I believe. That would be like STO getting additional bank space a year ago. STO already has the mechanic in use; additional fleet bank tabs costs in-game money. Per-character makes perfect sense when stuff costs EC. When I'm forking out real money is where it gets dodgy.

If I delete my toon Joe Main, whom I bought ship slots, BOff slots and bank slots for, that money is gone. C-$tore Account Service items should be reassignable if the toon they're bought for gets deleted. Don't like Joe Main? No prob, just delete him and assign all his C-$tore Account Service stuff to Jane Main instead. Still only goes to one character. Still not account-wide. But now real money isn't lost if a newbie deletes his toon when he learns that the traits he selected when he created him were garbage.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-12-2011, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikonov
I recall that in the STO manual that it said ' cruisers have more inventory space ' innocent times!
They might have been referring to device slots.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-13-2011, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
The thing that boggles the mind is that Champions Online, which uses the same engine as STO, has additional bank space that costs in-game currency. They got that in the first big patch after it went live, I believe. That would be like STO getting additional bank space a year ago. STO already has the mechanic in use; additional fleet bank tabs costs in-game money. Per-character makes perfect sense when stuff costs EC. When I'm forking out real money is where it gets dodgy.

If I delete my toon Joe Main, whom I bought ship slots, BOff slots and bank slots for, that money is gone. C-$tore Account Service items should be reassignable if the toon they're bought for gets deleted. Don't like Joe Main? No prob, just delete him and assign all his C-$tore Account Service stuff to Jane Main instead. Still only goes to one character. Still not account-wide. But now real money isn't lost if a newbie deletes his toon when he learns that the traits he selected when he created him were garbage.

Z
If they have it where it costs in game currency for CO then why is there not an option for STO? There should be since this is a pay 2 play game. They should of gave us tab for the banks as well. It irritates me that they never gave us a shared bank to share between characters and the game is already over a year old.