Lt. Commander
# 21
06-26-2009, 10:04 PM
1. What possible types of crew positions are open (helm, first officer, communications...)?
2. How many bridge crew will we start the game with? Do we start off alone?
3. Will the crew be directly involved in mission plots? Will we ever be saving our science officer from an alien parasite?
4. Are bridge crew the only people on our ship we'll see or will there be generic crew? Could I stock my away-team with 3 bridge officers and a nameless red shirt?
5. How often can you pick up new bridge crew?
6. How will bridge crew rank and advancement be handled?

Gotta million of em' but I'm gonna cut it there.
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-26-2009, 10:26 PM
Does the AI allow for some autonomy on the bridge crews part, such as repairing damaged systems, or scanning for anomalies, and what level of autonomy will this be?

I imagine that the training and skills you give your crew would have direct impact on any autonomous activity, but to what level would that be?
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-26-2009, 10:47 PM
Will bridge crew members have specific roles (helm, communications, doctor, etc), or will it be X number of generic tactical roles, Y number of generic science roles, Z number of generic engineering roles?
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-26-2009, 11:10 PM
A couple of questions relating to customisation:

Does customisation for our bridge crew extend beyond facial features and species, for example, can we alter their uniforms? Can we decide what rank they hold? Can we dictate what position within the crew they hold? For example, could I create; Commander "X", First Officer and Chief Tactical Officer, a hologram with the appearance of the EMH MK1, and have him in a standard Command Red uniform? Could I also create; Master Chief Petty Officer "Y", Security Chief, human female, wearing an all-black version of the standard uniform with militaristic embellishments?

Or do I just get Tactical Officer 1, Tactical Officer 2, First Officer, Medical Officer, all in standard uniforms for their sections, and they rank up when they gain skills(ie, Movie Kirk era when the whole crew is command rank)?
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-27-2009, 01:01 AM
I think most of my questions have been asked, but I am curious about what the Bridge positions will be for Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-27-2009, 01:09 AM
If we create a new race. Will the bridge crew and then the rest of the fodder crew be able to be made to
look like the captain? e.g. a % based modifier to make the crew look a little different but clearly of the
same race?
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-27-2009, 02:38 AM
Explanation for the roles of most Bridge Crew seem straightforward. Traditionally, however, the Executive(first) Officer is responsible for administrative functions, as well as being the Commanding Officer's relief. How will such a role be made into a compelling NPC as well as useful in gameplay mechanics?
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-27-2009, 03:13 AM
I think there may have been an answer to at least one of these somewhere already but,

Will your bridge crew be able to level up independently of you as the captain, and will you have the ability as captain to award promotions at some point to control this advancement?

and

Will you be able to lose bridge crew by having them killed in battle?

and

Will you be able to transfer your bridge crew, along with their skills and advancement, to other captains/vessels?
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-27-2009, 03:18 AM
What about potty breaks and time down for the crew? We going to have access to a total of 3 sets of bridge officers, etc. to allow for not only death during fighting but also different missions we are dealing with?

We allowed to shoot them if they get stupid and replace them next time we hit a klingon world?
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-27-2009, 03:21 AM
Can you explain more in depth about how each officer will affect your ship?

Example: Engineering officer attributes affecting shield regeneration or repair speed or Navigation officer affecting speed/maneuverability.