Lt. Commander
# 51
06-28-2009, 10:58 AM
nvm already asked
Lt. Commander
# 52 Crew death
06-28-2009, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Craig Zinkievich: Thereís definitely docking stations where youíll do repairs, but also Ė itís not your bridge officers per se, although some of the bridge officers have skills to help you repair your ship and do hull repairs. But itís your ships greater crew that does that, and kind of the makeup of that crew that helps you repair your ship outside of combat.
Are the ship's 'greater crew' essentially made up of red shirts? Do they take casualties/die with ship damage? Which begs the next question, can bridge officers die and would there be teary-eyed cut scenes like in Star Trek II?
Lt. Commander
# 53 Gaming Saving Question
06-28-2009, 03:31 PM
if for some reason a player wants to take a long break from playing so much, will there be something within the game that can save current status and bridge crew for long periods of time while being removed from whatever billing system is used to play? and say come back in a few months or so and reactivate a saved game by being billed again? or would data of crew and game be deleted? any info on this would help. thanks
Lt. Commander
# 54
06-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeminer View Post
Are the ship's 'greater crew' essentially made up of red shirts? Do they take casualties/die with ship damage? Which begs the next question, can bridge officers die and would there be teary-eyed cut scenes like in Star Trek II?
Personally I'd like a little cut scene where your crew member is pronounced dead by your CMO and then launches out in to space hehe
Lt. Commander
# 55
06-28-2009, 07:48 PM
4 questions:

1.) The initial teaser movie displayed several uniform styles for the Federation. With my character and presumably my bridge crew as well, will I be able to customize everyones uniform, or is there one specific uniform design that all Federation crews will have?

2.) Since it has been said that the captain and bridge crew cannot be killed, what sort of death penalties are you looking at? Keeping a "killed" crewmember in sickbay for X number of hours/days or what?

3.) It has been hinted that you can swap out your bridge crew. Is it possible to transfer officers? I.e. put them into a general pool if you've decided you would rather have a Vulcan science officer instead of a Trill?

4.) If you have a redshirt that manages to save your skin during an away mission, will it be possible to promote that redshirt to a bridge officer position, in any fashion?
Lt. Commander
# 56
06-28-2009, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebort5050 View Post
Personally I'd like a little cut scene where your crew member is pronounced dead by your CMO and then launches out in to space hehe
Sounds neat.
If it's a particularly favored officer, maybe lead to a new quest like "The Search for <Insert Bridge Crew NPC name here>" .
Lt. Commander
# 57
06-28-2009, 09:08 PM
I have a few questions

Will the Bridge crew members level with us, like will they always be the same level as us?

If we get a new bridge crew member, like what was talked about in a few of the other interviews, will the new crew member be at what is going to be level 1 in STO, or will they be at the same experience level as the rest of the crew?

Can they die, as in suffer perma-death?
Lt. Commander
# 58
06-28-2009, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwave2000 View Post
if for some reason a player wants to take a long break from playing so much, will there be something within the game that can save current status and bridge crew for long periods of time while being removed from whatever billing system is used to play? and say come back in a few months or so and reactivate a saved game by being billed again? or would data of crew and game be deleted? any info on this would help. thanks

It has been my experience over a number of MMOs, that they tend to 'save' your stuff, in case you do renew your subscription.

I have gone back to a game a year or two later, to find that its was if I was relogging back in the night after I had 'quit'.
Lt. Commander
# 59
06-28-2009, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeminer View Post
Sounds neat.
If it's a particularly favored officer, maybe lead to a new quest like "The Search for <Insert Bridge Crew NPC name here>" .
That would be funny, hopefully an optional quest so I can just make a new crewman
Lt. Commander
# 60
06-28-2009, 11:39 PM
When it comes to commanding your vessel and the crew under you, will there be a great deal of micromanaging to do (i.e. increase shield strength by 15% to port or alligning the warp matrix to meet the XXmilicochrane starfleet reqirements) or will there be an AI system where the bridge officers will automatically identify specific areas that need to be addressed in the midst of combat or some other crisis situation and take care of those issues?