I would like to request now, a home / hall for myself that has things I have earned, stolen, procured, collected to be somewhere that I can allow others in if I wish or to just hang out in.
Few of the other games do this on the personal level and I find that there are times I wish to just log in and hang out with friends instead fo always go go go.
Please consider something like this, on a space port, home world or something. Even with in a ship, my own readyroom with everything there would be ok.
These coudl be filled with things that can be gotten thru awards, missions, etc. that wouldn't have monetary meaning but things that you have to earn. you could also buy things like the nifty fish tank in STNG, or perhaps the items in Warf's room....
If we can create our own bridge crew and mold them into good officers then there is a high chance of us becoming attached to them or not wanting to simply delete or store them if a better officer becomes available. Being able to transfer that crew member to another player would still at least allow that officer to be put to good use. Will it be possible to "trade" bridge crew?
Maybe the question has been asked before, and if so, I am sorry.
How does the bridge - or any other - crew works in the sense of rank progression? We all start as Captains, but without the actual rank, so if I'm actually an Ensign, does it means I can only have "crewmen" and then if I become a Lieutenant my bridge crew can never be above Ensign?
Do you get to promote your guys yourself or it's a random decision from "Starfleet"?
Does a promotion even means something for your bridge crew or it's just a prop?
1. If we get to customize and create our own race, do we also get to name it? For example, If I wanted to look like an android, would I have the option to select the name as Android, and would other players see me as such?
2. If I am a science officer(or scientist) like Janeway was before she was a captain, what options besides scanning for cloaked ships would I have?
3. Besides the bridge, what other locations would be available for say an Intrepid class vessel, and will players be able to beam on my ship for a cup of hot coffee?
Will players or groups of players be able to take territory for their side or fleet/house, either through colonizing of some sort or PvP/PvE combat? If so, will it take place only in designated areas, or can those areas change as players take or lose more territory?
I think the idea of a "Ready Room" is a great idea. A place to put awards and such that we've collected. I think it would be AWESOME to have your active bridge crew lounging around in it. This way others can come to your ship and go through your ready room and see your bridge crew. This would show others the work you put into them.
1) Bridge Officers are the ones who perform the ship's special abilities, do they have special abilities on the ground, or they just act like drone pets with buffs/debuffs? It sounds like the captain has abilities on the ground and general buffs for ships, so this question is basically is it flipped for bridge crew?
1.a) I really hope the NPC bridge pets have abilities on teh ground. I'm a huge RTS player and just this simple ability beyond assigning a target and simple movements would be fantastic. If this is the case, how would those who put exp in these abilities be balanced vs those who min/max and only go to the surface of a planet with 4 other PCs so that they never need to increase the ground skill abilities?
2) Will bridge officers ever work together to perform abilities in space or on the ground (kind of like combos)?
3) Any explanation on how the bridge officer and captain skill systems work with XP, skill trees, progression, specializations etc would be great. I would prefer a detailed explanation though
3) Will your Captain or Crew have official or unofficial subclasses?
4) Will we have customization about the number of officers for different roles on a ship? For example, at some point could I exchange a tactical officer for another engineering officer?
5) Will we be able to have a miscellaneous crew member that really doesn't have a specialty or official position?
What about extra missions for every crewmen? A Helmsmen could build his own shuttlecraft (full customization xD i really whould like to see s.th. like paris did). Vulcans could have a mindmelt mission. Engeniers could develop a person-shield.
Like in other MMO's where the main skills require a quest.