Lt. Commander
There is a Green Nav Light missing from the Intrepid Saucer which has been missing since Season 2 went live!

How hard can it be!?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-07-2011, 03:57 PM
the answer is simple: making new ship models and whatnot is more important than many small ship fixes (this has been said by the devs as well), and i agree
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-07-2011, 05:39 PM
not to mention that the Intrepid already got a lot of love when they introduced the retrofit version.
There are other ships in this game too...
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-08-2011, 12:42 AM
I've been wanting the Intrepid to get a lot more love since day 1. I think its still one of the only 'canon' ships which still looks so fundamentally wrong. Believe it or not... 3d modeling to a 3d modeler isn't hard, this could be fixed in about 3-04 hours. I really want to use the Intrepid but its just so damned ugly that I cant bring myself to look at it
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-08-2011, 12:49 AM
Quote:
I've been wanting the Intrepid to get a lot more love since day 1. I think its still one of the only 'canon' ships which still looks so fundamentally wrong. Believe it or not... 3d modeling to a 3d modeler isn't hard, this could be fixed in about 3-04 hours. I really want to use the Intrepid but its just so damned ugly that I cant bring myself to look at it
uh... how is it fundamentally wrong? i think the 3d model is very close to the show's version (though i could be wrong)
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-08-2011, 02:01 AM
Ask a friendly Klingon for one of their nav lights - The B'Rel Refit BoP has nav lights that keep flashing even while cloaked, who thought that was a good idea?

Lets see, I cloak to hide from the enemy but lets leave the nav lights running so they can see me and not crash into me...
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-08-2011, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croesus View Post
I know that i can be very critic myself.
Small things like bright pink colored stripes on uniforms, the third nacelle on the Dreadnought, ugly assault cruiser ship parts that refuse to look good, thats stuff that makes me mad when i see them, but ONE MISSING GREEN NAV LIGHT, is that all???
And i thought i would be niggling.

Come on, there are really more important things to do.
Refusing a ship just beacuse there is one small light missing... did you ever tried to `kitbash a good looking assault cruiser, with the parts we have availlable?

Man, i wish STO would be a singelplayer game so we could add the ships WE like and throw out those buckets cryptic has made.

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-08-2011, 05:05 AM
I agree there are other issues... loved the cloaked Klingon comment!!

Just seems like a small, quick fix on a "hero" ship!

:-)
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-08-2011, 05:21 AM
omg what a ridiculously boring thread
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-08-2011, 10:30 AM
I wasn't saying that it was fundamentally wrong because of a missing nav light, thats a small part of it... I was talking about the shape, saucer, necelles.

It looks great from a distance... but up close it looks rubbish. Looks like a medium version of a LOD model. This is my personal opinion so don't get all up in my crap about it

I just want it to get a bit of love... I mean... the galaxy is constantly getting updates yet the Intrepid just gets pushed to the sidelines.