Lt. Commander
# 11
07-07-2011, 03:48 PM
No reason why people can't put their distaste for C-Store options down on forums as well as not buying it.

The two are not mutually exclusive and as far as I'm concerned, the more noise made in the most different ways is fine. It's what I do after all.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
Why can't I use the 100m+ EC I have in game for this!
That's not a bad idea, might encourage the in-game economy a bit.

dstahl did mention a possibility of converting ECs to C-Points, that would also be a good alternative.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-07-2011, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
That's not a bad idea, might encourage the in-game economy a bit.

dstahl did mention a possibility of converting ECs to C-Points, that would also be a good alternative.
It's an Idea but you do realise that with things as they are going now you'll get one point for every million EC.

Just a guess of course but I'd wager it won't be far from the truth.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-07-2011, 03:53 PM
With this amount of C-Store items in a P2P game how about they give us x amount of Store credit each month.
My whole fleet is anoyed with this game at the moment , now S4 has added numerous more bugs and no content, yet they made a new store and more store items and when we saw the new slots are per character well i think most of us logged out anoyed.
The game looks sweet i just wished they gave a little care for the paying customer but thats obviously never gonna happen now.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-07-2011, 04:06 PM
First I commend you for the new design of the C-Store. As a former C-Store customer, who bought dozens and dozens of items before, I'm not going to support it any more. I feel I don't get what I deserve for the money that I pay and have paid. Making more and more items character only makes my blood boil. Nope, no more items for me until they change this policy.

And I can't forget to mention the whole Caitian BOff idiocy. The only of the old species that has been in the game for a long time that didn't get BOffs when we bought the playable species. Now they expect us to buy them one at a time for real life cash? Nope. Not me. If it had been a new species like the Aenar fine, I could have accepted that they changed their way of offering BOffs but an all ready in game species. BIG fail.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KappaTau
No reason why people can't put their distaste for C-Store options down on forums as well as not buying it.

The two are not mutually exclusive and as far as I'm concerned, the more noise made in the most different ways is fine. It's what I do after all.
As long as it's constructive noise, you have a fair point. Rants and the like, OTOH, don't belong on the forums.

For example, not liking something because one simply doesn't like it is non-constructive.

Not liking X because of Y is better.

Not liking X because of Y, and then suggesting Z, is the best response.

When it comes to a lot of C-Store posts, sadly, I see a lot more of first example as opposed to the second or third.

Personally, I'm not adverse to per-character purchases for incidental items, but I also like the idea of being able to convert ECs into C-Points (would require less in-game rigging overall), or alternate ways of purchasing things through on-line actions, especially for incidental items purchased per-character.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-07-2011, 04:08 PM
I rarely reply on these forums yet I do agree with the others posters here. Purchasing account wide increases in inventory and bank storage would of been a better route. STO currently isnt FTP yet and it would be far better to adress the many bugs and problems that season four has brought with it than to pass off another poorly executed sale that isn't warmly welcomed by the paying player base.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-07-2011, 04:14 PM
I can't stand per-character cash items, but I'm really only annoyed this time because I never hear the reasoning behind it.
The costume slots started out per character but went account wide - I really appreciate that but I still wonder what was different about that case.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-07-2011, 04:30 PM
Honestly don't think it makes that much of a difference for the bank slots at least since you can mail items that aren't bound to your other characters.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-07-2011, 05:02 PM
Yah it's unfortunate that it's not account wide, but personally I only need more slots on one character at the moment. But as other's said, can never ever delete that character. I still got it though because I really needed it if I wanted to have room for crafting, and well even considering that it's per character the price is pretty low. Not like it was 400 points for each (Talking about bank not inventory). I would be willing to pay more if it had been account wide though.

And no that does not mean buying it again on other accounts, I'll make an exception and buy a per character upgrade this time, but only for one character and not for any of the alts (My primary and oldest character). I've been refusing to buy the other per-character only content.