Lt. Commander
# 61
07-13-2011, 04:37 PM
i know im not showing off lol cryptic does need to change a few things though lol
Lt. Commander
# 62
07-18-2011, 04:37 AM
Sory, but I already pay a monthly subscription so boycott the C-Store as much as possible.
Per Character stuff is a bad idea. Sorry, Cryptic gets no more C-Store money from me.
Lt. Commander
# 63
07-18-2011, 10:06 AM
Loving the new look C-Store, but I dont buy per character stuff, sorry
Lt. Commander
# 64
07-18-2011, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
/ support or it feels like we are being nickeled and dimed to death!
Considering that the ONLY way to get more bank space in other MMOs is to buy another copy of the game; and create another account and subscription for said account. (And this is the case for EQ, WoW, EVE Online, City of Heroes, etc - often refered to as 'mule' accounts by players.); honestly - doesn't seem all that 'nickle and dime' to me per se (Blizzard makes a mint off WoW 'muke' accounts)
Lt. Commander
# 65 the truth
07-18-2011, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Considering that the ONLY way to get more bank space in other MMOs is to buy another copy of the game; and create another account and subscription for said account. (And this is the case for EQ, WoW, EVE Online, City of Heroes, etc - often refered to as 'mule' accounts by players.); honestly - doesn't seem all that 'nickle and dime' to me per se (Blizzard makes a mint off WoW 'muke' accounts)
I

I do not remember how wow or EQ banks work, but the above statement is a lie when it comes to EVE ONLINE. Eve does not have a limit in player banks via stations. SHips have a limit as to real ship asthetics and contruction paramenters. meaning if i fly a small ship i have a small cargo bay. If i fly a big ship i have a huge cargo bay. Some ships even have 2 to 3 cargo bays.

Eve online has a character bank that is well endless in space stations banks. Not only that you can buy with eve money storage bins and warehouse bins to store items inside such bins. They make STO storage look pathetic.

STO game has the least amount as to storage for a space game. Telling lies about other games to try and make STO look decent is not cool. STO player storage is terrible. I can understand if you have a ground based world based mmo that deal with the asthetics of the game. bakpacks mean just that. Do not tell me as a game in the 24th century has problems with space. I command a huge star ship with many cargo bays, yet my bank space looks like i use a backpack.

to show in comparison with banks here is a rear admiral bank space along with starbase bank space
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/1...0031412102.jpg

player owned starbase storage capacity, this is small. its capacity is 110000 m3
http://wiki.eveonline.com/wikiEN/ima...ctureohtwo.jpg

finally eve online station player storage has no limit, as to the picture below you can drop in vast amounts of items.
http://myeveguide.files.wordpress.co...06/market9.jpg

Like i have said before the developers do not understand star trek in its detail application. They may have seen the shows but they do not understand the technical side. It is my opinion that they only for for ohh that looks cool and not with what works. in a space genre game.
Lt. Commander
# 66
07-18-2011, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Uh...you can buy bank slots in WoW...with gold. And bigger bags to put in said slots. You can make mule characters, don't need another account to do it. You'd have to have a phenomenal amount of junk to need another account to store stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 67
07-18-2011, 05:58 PM
I've been here sinse before start, and I still refuse to buy anything from the C-store for the most part.

What I bought:

2 Boff slots
NX prefix

I still have all the free points from when surveys actually rewarded you...

I hate what the C-Store has become
Lt. Commander
# 68
07-18-2011, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hravik
Uh...you can buy bank slots in WoW...with gold. And bigger bags to put in said slots. You can make mule characters, don't need another account to do it. You'd have to have a phenomenal amount of junk to need another account to store stuff.
Yes you can - but only 4 (unless they changed things afther WoTLK launched). As for EVE Online - my bad - been 5 years simce I played regularly - they did have an item bank limit even in stations at one point back in the day. Also, back then - when you left an item at a particular station, you had to fly back to that station to get it.
Lt. Commander
# 69
07-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Yes you can - but only 4 (unless they changed things afther WoTLK launched). As for EVE Online - my bad - been 5 years simce I played regularly - they did have an item bank limit even in stations at one point back in the day. Also, back then - when you left an item at a particular station, you had to fly back to that station to get it.
ive been apart of eve for over 5 years. no limit back then. yes you have to fly to a station to pick up your stuff you left there is it shows real space travel and the attributes that go with it. but this meant u had an unlimited amount of areas u can dumb your stuff into. also eve online along with wow arent stingy with player back packs/storage space. STO gives this slot bs and no one knows why. its simple sharing a server with another game is why u have limits
Lt. Commander
# 70
07-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post
STO game has the least amount as to storage for a space game. Telling lies about other games to try and make STO look decent is not cool. STO player storage is terrible. I can understand if you have a ground based world based mmo that deal with the asthetics of the game. bakpacks mean just that. Do not tell me as a game in the 24th century has problems with space. I command a huge star ship with many cargo bays, yet my bank space looks like i use a backpack.

to show in comparison with banks here is a rear admiral bank space along with starbase bank space
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/1...0031412102.jpg
LOL at the stacks of 5 batts. I never run out of space, then again I don't keep things in stacks of 5.

And I sell most crap. I guess for OCD packrats it becomes an issue. I also have some chars do mostly crafting so as to not clutter my other chars.

I also don't blame Cryptic for making money. If people didn't buy this stuff they would never sell it. Blame people who see ~5 dollars as a trivial fee to pay for most of the stuff on their site.