Lt. Commander
# 71
07-18-2011, 08:00 PM
Good, don't buy stuff from the C-store. Your call.
Lt. Commander
# 72
07-18-2011, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post
I

I do not remember how wow or EQ banks work, but the above statement is a lie when it comes to EVE ONLINE. Eve does not have a limit in player banks via stations. SHips have a limit as to real ship asthetics and contruction paramenters. meaning if i fly a small ship i have a small cargo bay. If i fly a big ship i have a huge cargo bay. Some ships even have 2 to 3 cargo bays.

Eve online has a character bank that is well endless in space stations banks. Not only that you can buy with eve money storage bins and warehouse bins to store items inside such bins. They make STO storage look pathetic.

STO game has the least amount as to storage for a space game. Telling lies about other games to try and make STO look decent is not cool. STO player storage is terrible. I can understand if you have a ground based world based mmo that deal with the asthetics of the game. bakpacks mean just that. Do not tell me as a game in the 24th century has problems with space. I command a huge star ship with many cargo bays, yet my bank space looks like i use a backpack.

to show in comparison with banks here is a rear admiral bank space along with starbase bank space
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/1...0031412102.jpg

player owned starbase storage capacity, this is small. its capacity is 110000 m3
http://wiki.eveonline.com/wikiEN/ima...ctureohtwo.jpg

finally eve online station player storage has no limit, as to the picture below you can drop in vast amounts of items.
http://myeveguide.files.wordpress.co...06/market9.jpg

Like i have said before the developers do not understand star trek in its detail application. They may have seen the shows but they do not understand the technical side. It is my opinion that they only for for ohh that looks cool and not with what works. in a space genre game.
He's exactly right. This is why I've been pressing for them to change the way storage is handled on characters for a long time. Storage just feels -WAY WRONG- on this game. I do not understand how 20 hypoes equals 20 anomaly analyses equals a Starship Engine Equals a Horta Equals a Phaser. None of this makes sense. I've been a proponent for different kinds of storage all along because it feels right. Personal storage is one thing, however there really needs to be some Ship-Based Storage like the Cargo Bays. The Computers or Astrometrics should hold Anomaly Data. Mess Hall ---> Food. Armory --> Armor, Weapons, Personal Shields. Cargo Bays: Extra bulk items like deflectors. Shuttle bay: Shuttles.

I wouldn't go so far as to say the Developers don't understand. There might be some limiting factors we're not aware of. However, it would be really nice if they changed the way inventory works in game significantly, and this would also give us greater reason to mill about our ships.

There was a comment earlier about players being OCD packrats. I argue that is ridiculous. There are reasons a character will have multiple types of guns for different purposes. Different shields for different purposes. Breen Set, Borg Set, Aegis set. Anomaly Storage if you're a crafter. When all is said and done, even if you use your boffs as storage, you are quickly stuffed to the gills. With the way the Ground Combat works now I burn through Hypoes and Shields even faster, because almost no Medic in the game can heal me fast enough to be useful. Its rather easy for me to throw down 50-60 Hypoes+Shields during a Task force, and pvp is not much different.

Additionally, for those of us who might actually like to collect some of the interesting items we gather on Featured Episodes, its even harder to fit everything in your Storage. I definitely agree Storage is something that needs to be looked at in Star Trek Online. Inventory in general is a source of great exasperation to me in most games. I like to get out and go shooting, I don't want to nitpick beancount.

As someone who has many characters, I can say the per-character pricing on these Inventory/Bank slots just doesn't merit the cost. Could I get it? Sure. Would I? No. I've put a lot into the game already and I do love it, but some things just aren't worth it, and I know quite a lot of players like myself who feel the same way. We're not cheapskates, and we've put a lot into the game, we just feel there is a disconnect between developer and player, and hope to see them change their Pricing. The same is true of BOFF slots. Maybe if these things can be earned via emblems it might be worthwhile.
Lt. Commander
# 73
07-18-2011, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeHopper View Post
He's exactly right. This is why I've been pressing for them to change the way storage is handled on characters for a long time. Storage just feels -WAY WRONG- on this game. I do not understand how 20 hypoes equals 20 anomaly analyses equals a Starship Engine Equals a Horta Equals a Phaser. None of this makes sense. I've been a proponent for different kinds of storage all along because it feels right. Personal storage is one thing, however there really needs to be some Ship-Based Storage like the Cargo Bays. The Computers or Astrometrics should hold Anomaly Data. Mess Hall ---> Food. Armory --> Armor, Weapons, Personal Shields. Cargo Bays: Extra bulk items like deflectors. Shuttle bay: Shuttles.
Actually this type of storage system was in game for a few weeks in closed beta (Different Ship bays with space for diffrent types of items, etc. Stuation was though is was very confusing and unwieldy in that certain items couldn't be stored in certain slots (much like you describe above); so in the end, it was decided a slot was a slot, and Personal Character storage was always available whether you were in your ship or on the ground. (IE If you weren't in space you didn't have access to your ship cargo bays, etc.)

Again, I agreed in beta is sounded good, and fit the IP to a point; but it was more micromanagement for micromanagement's sake.

FYI - Anomoly Staacks are maxed at 250 now - not 20.

Quote:
I wouldn't go so far as to say the Developers don't understand. There might be some limiting factors we're not aware of. However, it would be really nice if they changed the way inventory works in game significantly, and this would also give us greater reason to mill about our ships.

There was a comment earlier about players being OCD packrats. I argue that is ridiculous. There are reasons a character will have multiple types of guns for different purposes. Different shields for different purposes. Breen Set, Borg Set, Aegis set. Anomaly Storage if you're a crafter. When all is said and done, even if you use your boffs as storage, you are quickly stuffed to the gills. With the way the Ground Combat works now I burn through Hypoes and Shields even faster, because almost no Medic in the game can heal me fast enough to be useful. Its rather easy for me to throw down 50-60 Hypoes+Shields during a Task force, and pvp is not much different.

Additionally, for those of us who might actually like to collect some of the interesting items we gather on Featured Episodes, its even harder to fit everything in your Storage. I definitely agree Storage is something that needs to be looked at in Star Trek Online. Inventory in general is a source of great exasperation to me in most games. I like to get out and go shooting, I don't want to nitpick beancount.

As someone who has many characters, I can say the per-character pricing on these Inventory/Bank slots just doesn't merit the cost. Could I get it? Sure. Would I? No. I've put a lot into the game already and I do love it, but some things just aren't worth it, and I know quite a lot of players like myself who feel the same way. We're not cheapskates, and we've put a lot into the game, we just feel there is a disconnect between developer and player, and hope to see them change their Pricing. The same is true of BOFF slots. Maybe if these things can be earned via emblems it might be worthwhile.
Lt. Commander
# 74
07-19-2011, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnogE00F
LOL at the stacks of 5 batts. I never run out of space, then again I don't keep things in stacks of 5.

And I sell most crap. I guess for OCD packrats it becomes an issue. I also have some chars do mostly crafting so as to not clutter my other chars.

I also don't blame Cryptic for making money. If people didn't buy this stuff they would never sell it. Blame people who see ~5 dollars as a trivial fee to pay for most of the stuff on their site.
It's because it's obvious the screenshot was taken before things could be stacked beyond five, which was last year.
Lt. Commander
# 75
07-19-2011, 05:07 AM
I DO love to buy things like 4 additional costume slots if they are account wide.
But I won't be buying bank and inventory slots per character.

Thanks for the offer, but NO thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 76
08-02-2011, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia
I DO love to buy things like 4 additional costume slots if they are account wide.

It's only PER character??? Oh hails to the nawwwwwww!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 77
08-02-2011, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
It's only PER character??? Oh hails to the nawwwwwww!!!!
It's the same as it is with Champs. I'm surprised they didn't offer this at launch.
Lt. Commander
# 78
08-06-2011, 03:25 PM
I'm all for the C-Store purchases being acccount wide and NOT per char
Lt. Commander
# 79
08-06-2011, 03:36 PM
I haven't made any C-Store purchases yet but the new UI of it definitely is attractive and more helpful towards my browsing.
Lt. Commander
# 80
08-07-2011, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia

This....with bells on.