Lt. Commander
# 1 Shooter Mode Issues
07-07-2011, 03:27 PM
While in shooter mode in the boss room of Infected, while I'm in shooter mode(which is awesome) my mouse cursor comes up and my camera is stuck as if in RPG mode.Only time it seems to do this is in the boss section. Anyone having this issue either? Again shooter mode is awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-08-2011, 05:08 AM
Haven't tried it in Infected but one of my fleet mates and me encountered the same problem yesterday during The Cure.

Everything worked fine with shooter mode fighting our way through the trash mobs. While defending the Transformers both of us had the same problem as you. Switch to shooter mode, move the camera for 1 or 2 seconds and the mouse appears in the shooter interface. This makes it impossible to do anything in shooter mode and we had to switch back to RPG. After the gate shields were down it started working again, everything fine. We tried it at least at the last 3 gates and everytime the same.

Honestly I have no idea what could cause this kind of problem. It sounds just to weird, but it is there. As a medic the gates were the only places in The Cure were I really could try and enjoy the shooter mode without having to care for other teammates and exactly there it is not working
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-08-2011, 11:19 PM
I listen to my own music via the music player option and like to know which songs are playing since most of the music I listen to is what you call trailer music, but I call it epic
(rap + orch. ; heavy metal + orch ; anything cool + orch.)
(flute from inner light + orch doesnt' = epic)
anyway, I can't possibly be in shooter mode and have the music player menue open at the same time, which sucks because there is a brief pause before the music starts and I can't skip music that I think doesn't fit the situtation my avatar is currently in

ex1: This song I have from a commercial you probably have seen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IouhLjSrYNk .
I've listened to it while fighting the borg . I wouldn't want it to play during the daily on Vulcan in which you
try to convince the Romulan ambassador not to leave, or while driving

ex2: I have this song called: "Pound of Flesh." although it may sound like a good song for the devidan mission in which you go down into Drozana in bad shape............................................. ..................................
espically when that hologram starts talking creepy saying that name, don't do it......... trust me.....

ex3: This is a true one like number 2 but is like ex1 but a bit ironic, I was doing the gateway mission, and the song Freedom Fighters comes on while defending the Enterprise, Freedom Fighters was the song that played during the trailer for Star Trek 2009 in one of the Superbowl ads, irony...
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-08-2011, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachray263 View Post
I listen to my own music via the music player option and like to know which songs are playing since most of the music I listen to is what you call trailer music, but I call it epic
(rap + orch. ; heavy metal + orch ; anything cool + orch.)
(flute from inner light + orch doesnt' = epic)
anyway, I can't possibly be in shooter mode and have the music player menue open at the same time, which sucks because there is a brief pause before the music starts and I can't skip music that I think doesn't fit the situtation my avatar is currently in

ex1: This song I have from a commercial you probably have seen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IouhLjSrYNk .
I've listened to it while fighting the borg . I wouldn't want it to play during the daily on Vulcan in which you
try to convince the Romulan ambassador not to leave, or while driving

ex2: I have this song called: "Pound of Flesh." although it may sound like a good song for the devidan mission in which you go down into Drozana in bad shape............................................. ..................................
espically when that hologram starts talking creepy saying that name, don't do it......... trust me.....

ex3: This is a true one like number 2 but is like ex1 but a bit ironic, I was doing the gateway mission, and the song Freedom Fighters comes on while defending the Enterprise, Freedom Fighters was the song that played during the trailer for Star Trek 2009 in one of the Superbowl ads, irony...
How is this even relevant to this topic at all?

Back on topic I used shooter mode in the Borg boss room in infected and it worked fine and dandy. Did you try going back into shooter mode after the mouse cursor appeared because I have heard of other times where my fleet members have had isolated issues with shooter mode constantly reverting to RPG mode on other missions like cure as well.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-10-2011, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJubJub
How is this even relevant to this topic at all?

Back on topic I used shooter mode in the Borg boss room in infected and it worked fine and dandy. Did you try going back into shooter mode after the mouse cursor appeared because I have heard of other times where my fleet members have had isolated issues with shooter mode constantly reverting to RPG mode on other missions like cure as well.
Yup, tried a couple of things during The Cure. Changing back and forth between shooter and RPG, opening menues and closing them, even with some time out of Red Altert. The thing is, it was only during the Transformer defense in front of the gates and it looks like the OP had the problem only in the boss room.

I'm not crazy enought to try shooter mode in the Infected boss room with my medic but maybe I can test it again with the Cure today.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-11-2011, 01:36 AM
Well, tested it again at the gates in The Cure and it worked perfect. So basically it is not broken in general, if that were the case we would have more posts on the forums, but something has to cause this. I don't know, maybe switching from RPG to shooter back and forth often in a short time breaks something?
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-11-2011, 01:48 AM
I find myself dissatisfied with the new RPG mode. You cannot have your secondary attack set to auto-fire anymore. I thought I read that they had patched that problem but I guess I was wrong. The new fire mode really sucks.