Lt. Commander
Just got out of yet another pvp match where all that happened was the spamming of photonic fleet and mines.

There were at least 6 photonic ships, in addition to the 5 players, so they makes a game of 5 vs 11.

The score was 1 - 15.

Needless to say, it was not fun, and I rarely even got to shoot an actual player.

I'm not usually one to complain but this skill needs nerfed or taken out of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Spam for the sake of spam isn't good. PF should be replaced with something else. Science fleet needs to be dealt with first though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-07-2011, 05:09 PM
What if photonnic fleet did no damage but was just direct copies of yourself? That way it'd be more of a defensive skill then offensive?
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Spam is spam.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-07-2011, 05:14 PM
It would be nice if they did a good Spam pass on the game...

Mines (change the number out - 1 out with a nice dmg bump and stealth ratings on all mines out be awsome)
Photo Fleet (they need to think of something new to replace this... and not a shield resist lol)
Carriers (Need to loose some numbers and gain some sort of direct control interface)
Fleet Suppot I can live with... but really I liked the old random Where the heck did that come from power it used to be, then the toggle the spam button it is now.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Amen to this, and I am a sci/sci. I feel dirty every time I use it..... and fleet support is total cheese also.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
It would be nice if they did a good Spam pass on the game...

Mines (change the number out - 1 out with a nice dmg bump and stealth ratings on all mines out be awsome)
Photo Fleet (they need to think of something new to replace this... and not a shield resist lol)
Carriers (Need to loose some numbers and gain some sort of direct control interface)
Fleet Suppot I can live with... but really I liked the old random Where the heck did that come from power it used to be, then the toggle the spam button it is now.
To me, Mines should have inventory limits with Mines and Fighters as to prevent spam. For instance you are alotted 20 mines per match.

Also with mines, they could be only deployed outside of combat and in return their damage is signifciantly increased and mines could not be easily defeated (either harder to target or there is a type of replicator ability that replaces mines within a short timespan).

With Photonic Fleet, in PvP matches only 1 science player could use them at any given time.

With Fleet Support - it returns to the original version of a random chance.

(Personally, Feds have an edge with this because how many times you seen a Federation player summoning a Galaxy-X or a Typhoon over Klingon players that summoned a Vo'Quv?)
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
To me, Mines should have inventory limits with Mines and Fighters as to prevent spam. For instance you are alotted 20 mines per match.

Also with mines, they could be only deployed outside of combat and in return their damage is signifciantly increased and mines could not be easily defeated (either harder to target or there is a type of replicator ability that replaces mines within a short timespan).

With Photonic Fleet, in PvP matches only 1 science player could use them at any given time.

With Fleet Support - it returns to the original version of a random chance.

(Personally, Feds have an edge with this because how many times you seen a Federation player summoning a Galaxy-X or a Typhoon over Klingon players that summoned a Vo'Quv?)
Meh.. you see more GalXs because a huge percentage of Feds are so ****poor at PvP that they hit the health trigger 100 times more often than Klingons ;p
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-07-2011, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwag
Just got out of yet another pvp match where all that happened was the spamming of photonic fleet and mines.

There were at least 6 photonic ships, in addition to the 5 players, so they makes a game of 5 vs 11.

The score was 1 - 15.

I'm not usually one to complain but this skill needs nerfed or taken out of the game.
Photonic Fleet is not a game changer in a PvP match. It's not the cause of your 15-1 score. It was not 5 vs 11 because 1 photonic ship does not equal 1 human player. That is a false equivalency. It is also easily countered. If you feel like you're getting overpowered by a photonic fleet, fly away. Your enemy might chase you, but the photonic fleet won't, and you've leveled the playing field.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-07-2011, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
What if photonnic fleet did no damage but was just direct copies of yourself? That way it'd be more of a defensive skill then offensive?
Science NEEDS a real offensive power like photonic fleet. It has, on many occasions, been the DPS to break a stalemate in my experience.

But it is also easily countered. Fly away. Kill them. They die super easy.