Lt. Commander
# 31
07-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29thcentury View Post
I am really shocked that I am reading this thread. PF needing removed or nerfed? It is the least valuable captain space ability by far as opposed to mw and gdf. It costs way to much to spec unless you are a sci ship using a boff power that also reflects it.

Since I am a mvam sci I do not bother specing it. The only use I have for PF is when I separate my mvam and deploy it at the same it gives my opponents at best a few seconds of feeling overwhelmed and if they go to tab target to my pets it gives them that extra survival time. I don't use PF for firepower but more for protection for myself in this case.
Thats the point its useless... its junk... all its good for is clutter. No one is going to miss it if it gets replaced by something more useful... that doesn't just junk the place up.
Lt. Commander
# 32
07-08-2011, 12:05 AM
Maybe Photonic Fleet should be Scramble Sensors instead? Where it's description is something along the lines of sending a pulse to all ships near the target that makes them see the enemy? And change scramble Sensors to perhaps a Mass version of Jam Sensors?
Lt. Commander
# 33
07-08-2011, 12:43 AM
Photonic Fleet is a spam ability, but it's definitely a significant DPS boost, particularly notable in PvE.

I theoretically like the idea of Photonic Fleet working as a distraction, but it's still "spam", and we have enough of that.

Maybe it should create an exact visual copy of your ship (but only one) that has the same hit points, shields and damage as the 3 summoned Photonic Ships together. (Or maybe a little less of each as more hit points means more time firing weapons).
Lt. Commander
# 34
07-08-2011, 02:38 AM
I would like it if maybe it generated 2 holoships that confused the targeting scanners of other ships, causing them to hit the holograms instead of you. It would be super sweet if they could use the kinda graphics effect that occurred when Voyager split in 2 in that vidian ep.

Personally, I don't even mind PF that much, unless used en mass it's rather weak in my experience, I tend to just ignore the PF ships and continue shooting at the sci who spawned them. They don't exactly pack a punch them holoships. I barely even use the skill on my sci toons.
Lt. Commander
# 35
07-08-2011, 03:05 AM
Dont think they will do away with Photonic Fleet considering the dev create Klingon carriers whoes prime function is to spam
Lt. Commander
# 36
07-08-2011, 03:47 AM
I didn't even knew before, klingos could spawn carriers with fleet support.
such a dreadnought has ~ 300k life i mean wtf.
Lt. Commander
# 37
07-08-2011, 04:09 AM
1-2 days ago a Kling in Ker'rat got a carrier as Fleet Support. Didn't help him much because I died a moment before it spawned.

Now to Photonic Fleet... I never had any issues with it. It is a nice damage boost but easily dispatched. A change I can accept would be if their Phasers wouldn't proc like normal phasers.
Lt. Commander
# 38
07-08-2011, 05:06 AM
And now we have come full circle and right back where we started. Congrats.

Spam is bad!

*FAW buffed*

Nerf FAW!

*FAW nerfed*

Spam is bad!
Lt. Commander
# 39
07-08-2011, 05:10 AM
I'm sorry that I have to be the PVE attorney here, but:
1. There are several viable PVP support builds that do 0-ish damage. I had to rely on PF to actually kill the enemies in my Alhena daily. Sci's need to have an ability that does damage. Though I wouldn't mind if they combined the fleet into one stronger ship and rename the ability Photonic Support. If your concern is spam, this should fix it as one ship isn't really spam.
Lt. Commander
# 40
07-08-2011, 06:18 AM
Quote:
I'm sorry that I have to be the PVE attorney here, but:
If you feel too dirty doing it, I can spring in occasionally

1. There are several viable PVP support builds that do 0-ish damage. I had to rely on PF to actually kill the enemies in my Alhena daily. Sci's need to have an ability that does damage. Though I wouldn't mind if they combined the fleet into one stronger ship and rename the ability Photonic Support. If your concern is spam, this should fix it as one ship isn't really spam.[/quote]
In Exploration missions for example, I usually use the PF on the Battleship.