Lt. Commander
# 71
07-14-2011, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial_Fury
I am a little annoyed here.

Many people are complaining about spam of mines and pets and are advocating for a reduction of pets.
What I find funny is that those same people tend to be seen in PVP ... spamming.
Lt. Commander
# 72 6 six SIX!
07-15-2011, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwag
Just got out of yet another pvp match where all that happened was the spamming of photonic fleet and mines.

There were at least 6 photonic ships, in addition to the 5 players, so they makes a game of 5 vs 11.

The score was 1 - 15.

Needless to say, it was not fun, and I rarely even got to shoot an actual player.

I'm not usually one to complain but this skill needs nerfed or taken out of the game.
LOL 6 that only two sci lol sorry this is funny target them by the time you got your mouse on them they die.
Lt. Commander
# 73 Nice
07-15-2011, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
What if photonnic fleet did no damage but was just direct copies of yourself? That way it'd be more of a defensive skill then offensive?
Graet Idea and blieve that how it was in startrek
Lt. Commander
# 74
07-15-2011, 05:06 AM
all you do is complain. i wish you all would quit the game and go play somyhing else more your speed mybe [insert lame kids game here] you all whant everything = then there should only be 1 ship 1 gun then we all will be = just shutup and play it the way they make it

OH AND BY THE WAY FAW WORKED WELL ON THE PETS TELL YOU ALL HAD THEN F--KED OVER
Lt. Commander
# 75
07-15-2011, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Just got out of yet another pvp match where all that happened was the spamming of photonic fleet and mines.

There were at least 6 photonic ships, in addition to the 5 players, so they makes a game of 5 vs 11.

The score was 1 - 15.

Needless to say, it was not fun, and I rarely even got to shoot an actual player.

I'm not usually one to complain but this skill needs nerfed or taken out of the game.
As far as Photonic fleet goes you have two options, disengage from combat and they will disappear or target and destroy them. The ships themselves have very small hp pools and can be easily taken out with cannon scatter volley or beam fire at will.
Lt. Commander
# 76 hmmm
07-15-2011, 05:22 AM
Quote:

The score was 1 - 15.

Become a better captain and target the ship with the photonic ability. needs nerf or taken out of the game, why because you have no skill in starship tactics. Because you dont know whot to work as a team and combat an ability.

Photonic fleet is the counter measure to the klingons having carriers so id rather not give the klingons another leg up because you can not captain your ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKfourtyseven
Graet Idea and blieve that how it was in startrek
name your source of this statement. If i recall right photonic technology can do damage and can be as real as anything else. This is star trek not star wars where you are thinking of projections.
REQUEST DENIED. lol
Lt. Commander
# 77
07-15-2011, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post
Become a better captain and target the ship with the photonic ability. needs nerf or taken out of the game, why because you have no skill in starship tactics. Because you dont know whot to work as a team and combat an ability.

Photonic fleet is the counter measure to the klingons having carriers so id rather not give the klingons another leg up because you can not captain your ship.

name your source of this statement. If i recall right photonic technology can do damage and can be as real as anything else. This is star trek not star wars where you are thinking of projections.
REQUEST DENIED. lol
PF has been around a lot longer than carriers. It is a valid skill but when you see sci captains zoning with mine launchers on auto fire and when 1 piece of space dust brushes their hull they summon the PF. the tactic is to lag out the UI, now whether that player knows it or not because they are copying another player is a different matter. Taking advantage of UI lag and targeting mechanic has been the biggest problem with spam since spam was introduced.
Lt. Commander
# 78 Np Stardagger
07-15-2011, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post

REQUEST DENIED. lol
let me give it a look around if any know what episode it was when they used ships as to look like the was 4 starfleet ship if so can you help to find a sourse as we can give it to STARDAGGER here.

Believe they may of been a hologram of some sort but my point was to metto point if you give three ship that are copys of your thats a good diffence weapon thet do little damage as is.
Lt. Commander
# 79
07-15-2011, 06:59 AM
People get so upset.... photonic fleet just takes away from the game because: in pve the cpu is doing too much for the player and in pvp photonic fleet muddies the water. I have seen very little lag in the game from people dropping deployable but it creates a pve environment when the idea is Mano v Mano. I am a sci in a sci so I don't care what cryptic does with the skill, it would just make for a better game if it was not included.

carriers should retain their ability to spam things up in my opinion, it makes them unique...

War technology develops/changes, cryptic could essentially make some plot line that explains the negation of a power/skill set.
Lt. Commander
# 80 The Lamesauce Maneuver
07-15-2011, 07:47 AM
I think I posted here the other day, suprised to see the thread still has a lil momentum. But photo fleet imo could be replaced by another power and would rarely be missed. But I tell ya what, in my everlong quest to make everything in this game worth using (including my tac officer) I ran upon an old bridge officer that had this:
jam sensors 1, trac beam 2.

Now I got my sci in this defiant right, I like that combo and I use trac beam often but never really the jam sensors as it is easily cleared so that BO has been sitting for a while. But then I had an idea. Sometimes when you combo meh with uber-meh things can happen. And instantly the Lamesauce maneuver was born.

What's better when you fake an escape and get chased by 1 enemy? Lamesauce. You see as my hunter bears down on me an my poor little defiant there is something waiting. That's right folks, photo fleet and jam sensors, they immediately target the photonic ships after losing sight of me, that's when I use that positioning to bring in my front arc, trac beam and kerplooey. Crf3 BO3 tcd.

Anywho It actually worked a couple times. Not on anyone noteworthy, but it worked none the less. So my point I guess is you can make things work sometimes. Most of the time it's the pilot, not so much the tools at his disposal.

See you on the battlefield.