Lt. Commander
# 1 Game Client Crashing
07-07-2011, 06:46 PM
Anyone else having this problem? I patched up and log in then my game client crashes like its not responding.

Ive tried verifying my files and updating my driver, and am still having this issue.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-07-2011, 07:17 PM
My whole comp takes a dump. Except for creating a Gorn and doing the Klink tutorial, the game stops EVERYTHING and I end up with the "Blue Screen of Death" auto-crash screen. Might be my card. Hopefully I'll get it fixed/replaced within a week.

Lt. Commander
# 3 me
07-08-2011, 06:11 AM
yes server not respponding and crash had game from beta and had this prom one other time update drivers a was fine but not now????
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-08-2011, 04:49 PM
Is the launcher stuck at "patching..." ? If so, look under processes in the task manager and shut down the game client and error reporter if they are still there. That is happening to me if I get a crash to desktop the last 2 days.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-08-2011, 05:03 PM
I managed to get up to the new loading scree but the moment is reaches 94 its crashes to the desktop with a error about verification and something about uniforms NX_01 ux......whatever those are.

I have just given up now...obviously I'm not the only one with issues as my bro also has issue with the launcher, so no doubt there will be fixes in coming at some point.

I just hope sooner than later.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-08-2011, 06:30 PM
I too am having the same problem. I login, it gets up to the new loading screen then closes down. I tried opening up with safemode and it got me as far as the beginning of the character selection screen but nothing got populated before it crashed again.

I KNOW it is not a graphics card issue as my computer can run crysis 2 flawlessly on maximum graphics ( not to brag ) and I had STO on max graphics and it was working fine before season 4 patched. so I have no clue what is going on. I am thinking of dumpping the game and doing a fresh download, maybe that will help.
Lt. Commander
# 7 same problem here
07-08-2011, 07:12 PM
same problem here any tips on fixing this ?
Lt. Commander
# 8 Me Too
07-08-2011, 07:40 PM
Yep, Ditto on all the above problems. I usually get to the character selection screen, but if I try to click on anyone the "gameclient.exe stops responding". Once so far I got logged in when I selected the character at the top of the list, but within 20 seconds of getting in, it crashed again.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-08-2011, 08:45 PM
I had the problems, too. I was using the client installed from Steam. I uninstalled it, and downloaded the client from the STO site. Once I got it re-installed, I went back and its been working fine ever since then.
Lt. Commander
# 10 Season 4 Rename to Misfire
07-08-2011, 11:30 PM
Wish I could say how much I love season 4 but like all of you I can't log on to play. I myself get the following: "Fatel Error: Unable to initialize on-demand patching & connect to patch server. The connection was idle for too long"

Now before someone suggest I disable the on-demand patching I already tried that with no new results.

I hope the Devs find a REALLY REALLY good way to make it up to us because whats the point of playing a game that you CAN'T PLAY.