Since we got at least one nice feature for Season 4, but there are some things I thought still could be needed.
Zoom Slider to the Costume Designer
"Alien" Costumes that isn't Klingon or Federation.
NPC "Setup / Restrictions"
For Example: Having TOS Era NPCs being unable to use modern technology like the Romulans using Thalaron Weaponry. Or no NPCs with Shields. Or customizing Klingon Battlecruisers to fire Cannons than Disruptor Beams.
Please, add on things you would like to see in the future with the Foundry.
More non-Humanoid Aliens assets or adding some weapon-use animations to existing non-humanoids.
I would love to see some "kit-bash" alien ship in the costume editor. E.g. something like Federation or KLingon vessels with multiple costume parts you can switch out. That would make it easier to present you meet a new alien in a Foundry mission.
Maybe one kit-bash in 3-4 sizes (Frigate, Cruiser, Battleship, Dreadnought) with 4 components with 2 variants each for start.
Alien-Wise, I would like to see some new monsters based on the Undine tech, for example. But they need to have some weapon animations, w hich the Undine are missing. If you use them to re-costume, say, a Klingon mob, you won't see any weapon's fire but take damage. I am okay with them not carrying weapons, but I would like to at least see beams emitted from some place on the creature's body.
* Destroyable Objects.
* More Generic Doors.
* Effects that Harm Players, (Fires, Gas, etc...)
* Ability to toggle OFF clip art for object placement.
* Ability to make your own npc groups.
* Allow objects, contacts, and other placables to be able to warp in or out.
A lot of the stuff I'd like to see added to the Foundry has already been listed here, but here are some ones that I don't think have been brought up yet:
-Optional mission objectives (and hopefully these could even be hidden until you find them).
-The addition of all of the outfits currently missing from the Foundry's character costume creator.
-The re-addition of the Delta Flyer to the starship costume creator list.
-Scripted fights (for example an enemy turning non-combatant instead of being killed when their health bar drops to zero or some other preset number).
-This isn't exactly a feature request, per say, but I would love it if the "warp in" and "warp out" animations could be made to only play once, with "warp out" and "beam out" able to be connected to one or more NPCs becoming hidden.
-The ability to have animations triggered for NPCs instead of just the player's own character.
-Having NPCs fade in or instantaneously appear when triggered to appear instead of beaming (for example if an enemy group is visible at the start of a map).
-I cannot take credit for this last idea as it was proposed by someone else (if you read this, please tell me so I can give credit where it's due), but I would love it if there was an option that allowed some kind of basic, hard to exploit method of customizing the weapons and skills of enemy groups. One idea that was thought of was that you could choose weapons, and skills came in the form of nonmodifiable kits.
1. Branching missions - not just dialogue - but the ability to create missions that actually branch based on choices made previously.
2. Custom weapon choices for NPCs. While I'd like all kinds of additional customization for NPCs, this is my single greatest priority, and also probably the least abusable. Chiefly this is so that when costuming a 'new' enemy group, I can give them weapons appropriate to who and what they're supposed to be; rather than having to figure out:
A) Which group has the powers that work for this group.
B) Does that group also have weapons that make sense for this group?
C) If no, which is more crucial, weapon type or power type?
3). Waypoints to send NPCs from place to place. I'd really like if there could be several kinds of movement waypoints as well.
"Attack Move" - NPCs will stop and fight anything hostile while moving toward their destination.
"Attack Move no Stop" - NPCs will fire on enemies nearby but will continue moving toward their destination. (Useful for fighting retreats or situations where getting to a given location is absolutely necessary and your NPC companions should logically understand that.)
"Walk" - Just what it sounds like. NPCs walk and will not fight.
"Run" - NPCs sprint to the location, and will not fight.
Just some examples.
4. The ability to mass-costume a spawn. Particularly I'd like to be able to designate a group of costumes, and have them randomly distributed to a spawn, rather than having to costume each and every member. It's one thing to just make a one off NPC... it's quite another when trying to make a new enemy or ally group.
Even better: Allow me to designate certain costumes to only go to certain types of NPCs. Ex: Maybe I have a specific uniform I want Starfleet Medics to wear. The costume will show up only for medics - other types of NPCs would get no costume or get costumes associated to their type. If multiples are designated for a given type, then the costume selection is random between the appropriate options. (Ex: 3 medic costumes, 1 medic that needs a costume, game rolls to determine which costume that medic gets.)
5. Going off of that, I'd like to be able to have at least some way of guaranteeing that a given mob will spawn. This is mostly for situations where given mob types are all mixed together and you never really know what's going to come out of that spawn. Ex: Klingon Cruiser spawns can be several kinds of Raptors or smaller than Negh'Var battle cruisers. If you have one particular ship you want to show up over and over throughout a mission, at least to my knowledge you just have to accept that it may have completely different powers each time it shows up.
6. I'd like to be able to see which actor in a group will spawn what critter and at what level of scaling. Ex: I set up a fighter spawn, I want to know which ones will always show up as fighters, and which ones will be Battleships when there's a team. This allows me to costume appropriately, set up formations or divide things up as needed to make the encounter interesting.
7. While unlikely... it would also be nice to have formations that NPCs would retain while moving, or even better, while fighting. I grant that's probably too much work though.
Along with all the "costumes" not in the Foundry since they were made, I feel it is also necessary to add the full list of bridges available to players into the map list. What I'm asking for is *not* "let me make a mission in a player's ship", I'm asking for the bridge models to be added (preferably also the various starship interior models, unlinked to player ships of course) so that there is a wider variety of maps to choose from for interior sections of missions.
One of the reasons I'm asking for this is because the mission I've been working on involves a ship that uses the "Intrepid" bridge type (which I chose specifically BECAUSE it's not a real Intrepid-class bridge), but I've been having to make due with the basic Prometheus-class bridge all this time. Just how hard is it to add maps that already exist in the game into the foundry? Because I'm seriously starting to wonder.