Lt. Commander
Okay, long story short upon launching STO and loading my character, the character will show up in it's last known position as it should. However, I immediately get a server disconnect and on top of it, my internet goes down. The only time I've had this happen before the Season 4 update was on the Tribble server. I've run the troubleshooter for my internet connection after each time, it either can't determine that there is a problem or it says that it lost contact with the DNS server. Anyone have a clue what is up and/or knows how to fix it? Any help would be appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-07-2011, 07:57 PM
I'm having the same problem myself sort of. Right after this new update one of my characters wont load. The maps load bar gets to 40% then the game crashes. I can play on my Klingon character but not my Federation character.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-07-2011, 08:26 PM
same thing is happening to me at lest I'm not the only one
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-07-2011, 08:34 PM
also with the federation not working but klingon ok. Stops at 40 as well dunno what's going on
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-07-2011, 08:36 PM
Yes I have this problem as well, and posted about it earlier.
Lt. Commander
# 6 No load after S4
07-07-2011, 08:37 PM
I'm having similar problems, sometimes characters load, sometimes they do not.

If they do load, after about 20 seconds, the keyboard inputs stop being accepted, then the client crashes.

I've run a full verify and the problem still persists.

There's a patch set for tomorrow morning, am I going to have to wait until tomorrow night after work to play STO?

UPDATE: If you're running XFire while playing, try shutting it down or disabling it in-game for STO. My issues have vanished since disabling XFire in-game, check out more on this thread: STO/XFire
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-07-2011, 08:46 PM
Crypic is lucky, I play eve online and if this happened there general chat would be flooded with threads of "no confidence" "Fix the game" and demanding a reply from the staff. All in all people are being very patient.

I have tried to launch the game in safe mode, and forced verify the files and in all my attempts to fix it I have been met with failure. Oh well...~boots up world of tanks~
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-07-2011, 09:39 PM
It's not Xfire for me at least. I'd never even heard of Xfire before today, let alone download, install or use it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Are you playing through Steam, or using some other program that uses an overlay of some sort in game..

xfire and Steam was causing a crash for me.. untill I disabled both (Steam and xfire) in game..

The game runs fine for me now after disabling any 3rd party use in game.. STO is having trouble with in game overlays since S4
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-07-2011, 11:01 PM
I was having this exact issue. Turning Xfire off fixed it immediately.

Supposedly the Steam in-game overlay can also cause this.