Lt. Commander
# 11
07-08-2011, 06:18 PM
ok yeah after i posted i started to see more info on the general bug.

Cool glad they know whats going on. Ill try to avoid selling anything till im sure of the stats.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Did [DMG] enhancement always have this modifier? If so, it seems they got a "stealth nerf", so to speak, and since they were already some of the weakest buffs before...
DMG actually increases your average damage more than any of the other mods. People think it and ACC are the weakest, but they're actually the best, except for with weapons specifically designed for spike damage (ex: torpedoes or a dual beam bank used for beam overload), in which case CrtH or CrtD might be a better choice, even though they increase average damage less.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-09-2011, 04:13 AM
well i suppose that makes sense i guess, but one would think that a weapons BASE damage+ its own buffs should all be multiplied by your skills.

so if you have weapon which has 25 base damage and due to rarity and mods gets an extra 20% damage it would be:

25x1.2=30 damage....and then have skills effect THAT damage.

if all damage modifers including weapon mods/rarity are just lumped into the same pool it makes so little difference at the end as to be nearly meaningless. That makes damage mods pointless and we already felth they were pointless before. Accuracy and crit severity/crit chance are better then that then. At least when you consider you can down most stuff in 2-4 shots....whats that little damage difference going to do. at least with bosses i guess it may help but then i'd prefer the potential for some serious crits and critting more frequently.

oh well at least now i understand WHY it seems purple with mods isn't really much better then whites or greens with mods.