Lt. Commander
# 11
07-16-2011, 05:11 AM
I love the way they blew it up at the end, and had to drive it out of the crater!
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-16-2011, 05:27 AM
It's actually a military vehicle. I saw them in Iraq back in 2005 when the US Army was starting to use these instead of HMMWVs.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-16-2011, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirlettia
I love the way they blew it up at the end, and had to drive it out of the crater!
...they also damaged the axle and dislodged the wheel.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-16-2011, 05:58 AM
Still better off than being in that Humvee though..
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-16-2011, 06:10 AM
Yup, want one too...and a ranch in Montana....and a sh@$ load of dehydrated food!
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-16-2011, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirlettia
Still better off than being in that Humvee though..
That wasn't a Humvee, that was a H3 for civilian use only. A military Humvee would probably not do well against that much C-4 either, but when you have a few inches of high grade steel to protect you it makes all the difference. That Marauder might as well have been a tank on wheels minus the gun. Of course itís going to do better with that much more armor plating on it. It looks cool, but how well it will be implemented is another question. I'd rather have the Juggernaut instead. Don't say that it couldn't be built, we have the Stryker. We just need to build one bigger.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-17-2011, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally_of_the_Force View Post
That wasn't a Humvee, that was a H3 for civilian use only. A military Humvee would probably not do well against that much C-4 either, but when you have a few inches of high grade steel to protect you it makes all the difference. That Marauder might as well have been a tank on wheels minus the gun. Of course itís going to do better with that much more armor plating on it. It looks cool, but how well it will be implemented is another question. I'd rather have the Juggernaut instead. Don't say that it couldn't be built, we have the Stryker. We just need to build one bigger.
The H3 was a Chevy Trailblazer with Hummer stylings. The H3 is NOT a Humvee. Only the H1 was a "true" Humvee.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-19-2011, 06:55 PM
a gen one hummer (h1) is designed with a great deal more durability than a gen 3 (h3). The H1 is milspec and built to survive things like mines and with the fully armored models RPGs. The H3 is designed to increase your douchebag factor in the grocery store parkinglot.

That aside I would rather have a marauder... Put a hamock, a sink, and a camperstove in that badboy. And youve got the worlds most bad a$$ RV. TYou can camp anywere, whos going to stop you?