Lt. Commander
We are back to where we where a year ago with these guys.
I played Frozen solo on normal with my KDF sci and thought it'd be a nice change to arrest the Remans.

The Final encounter, right next to the dampening field console killed my BOs in seconds 5 times.
He can easily do over 100 dps through the shields, disable you for seconds with the lunge-forcefield dome combo and call up to 6 guard captains pets, which now also have shields and significant HP.

Seriously this was an encounter I expect on elite, but not on normal.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-08-2011, 04:05 AM
Hes the leader FFS would you want a pushover for a leader?!
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-08-2011, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia
We are back to where we where a year ago with these guys.
I played Frozen solo on normal with my KDF sci and thought it'd be a nice change to arrest the Remans.

The Final encounter, right next to the dampening field console killed my BOs in seconds 5 times.
He can easily do over 100 dps through the shields, disable you for seconds with the lunge-forcefield dome combo and call up to 6 guard captains pets, which now also have shields and significant HP.

Seriously this was an encounter I expect on elite, but not on normal.
Man i hate stuff like that.
I think some game developers just don't get the difference between making mobs harder and making them annoying.

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-08-2011, 04:37 AM
Sorry, double post.

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-08-2011, 04:56 PM
They should have left mob damage alone, the nerfs to the personal shields and such are bad enough. I almost suspect it's all to 'teach us a lesson', given all the complaining the community was doing for the past year or so. The fun has left spacedock, I fear for this game.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-08-2011, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffStavrosA.K.AParis
Hes the leader FFS would you want a pushover for a leader?!
Did you try it pre S4 on Elite?
I did and can tell you he was nowhere a push over. Even then he was capable of even wiping 5 man teams. But that was in ELITE.
Now he is insane strong in NORMAL.

I didn't even bother trying elite now.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-09-2011, 05:42 AM
Lots of missions need balancing, not just Frozen. Yes, bosses should be hard, but not what a lot of them are on normal. That is why we have difficulty settings. Hopefully over the next few weeks they get some balance passes done.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-09-2011, 07:01 AM
Relax, folks. S4 just got released. If we keep our posts constructive when talking about OP things like this (though they're on a 14 month "can't hear you" when we talk about Swordmasters), they'll get looked at and fixed (hopefully).
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-09-2011, 08:40 PM
I think the bosses getting overpowered might actually be a bug.

Someone mentioned in another thread that their character got injuried on normal so their might be bugs in the difficulty setting.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-10-2011, 01:33 AM
I had a captain level Wedray (or whatver) boss show up on an Advanced mission, along with 5 croanies in a B'Tran star cluster mission. This guy had a hella powerful Pulse wave/Arc wave shotgun that ripped my whole team to shreds. In fact at one point he killed me while I was spamming my heals (Sci officer).

I'm all for enemies being more difficult but I want a chance to actually win the encounter. They get the balancing right on Advanced and Elite in space combat, but ground combat balance seems to be illusive.