Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway
Login

Lt. Commander
Where I could place my Abilities to be able use all 12 bindable keys 1 thru 0 and Minus with Equal? If I open Options - Key Binds for ground or space there is section Skills and I can assign skill 1 thru 12. I'm unable to find where I can place my ability for these buttons. It seems pretty right that someone did forgot to create Tray with 12 buttons.
Lt. Commander
# 2 Indeed.
02-05-2010, 09:50 AM
I was wondering about that very same issue - I've been wrestling with key bindings since I started, and when I found that I can bind to functions I can't actually access, I became curious.

Where are the buttons for Skill #11 and Skill#12?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 01:31 PM
I asked this in a post a couple of days ago in this forum. Seems no one knows.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 03:39 PM
If you look on the right side of shortcut bar you will notice 3 different modes for the shortcuts. Mode 3 allows you to access all 12. Including ALT and CTRL shortcuts. Let me know if this helps.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webbgerald View Post
If you look on the right side of shortcut bar you will notice 3 different modes for the shortcuts. Mode 3 allows you to access all 12. Including ALT and CTRL shortcuts. Let me know if this helps.
Negative, you can only access 10 keys per row in that mode (1-0) yet in the key binder there are clearly twelve keys with binds (1-=).

Perhaps they become available at admiral?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 06:31 PM
No, its just the same engine from Champions Online and that had 12 buttons per bar (they cut and pasted).
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webbgerald View Post
These small 3 numbers aren't modes. If you click them you can place three separate button bars each on top of another. That's my default view because I have as Commander more than 10 Powers and your BO view get messy when you have more than 4 BO's on ship. BTW this setting don't hold when you logout in sector space and log back in sector space. BO's bar revert back and I must always click on small label labeled with 3 to get solid 3 bars control back.

Still didn't found way how I could assign to #Skill 11 and 12 any "PowerUp"
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wodan View Post
Negative, you can only access 10 keys per row in that mode (1-0) yet in the key binder there are clearly twelve keys with binds (1-=).

Perhaps they become available at admiral?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SysOpPsyche View Post
No, its just the same engine from Champions Online and that had 12 buttons per bar (they cut and pasted).
Then we shall start petition about have 12 keys in bar. There is clearly enough place on screen for it. Now as Commander I have nearly all my 3 bars full in space combat. I can't imagine what I will do at Admiral rank.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-03-2010, 03:29 AM
So there seems to be no solution for these 11 and 12 slots ?
Lt. Commander
Need to have extra strips of button bars or make them fifteen slots instead of what they are now. i barely fit my vital combat buttons on the three button bars. Had to leave a couple buttons off on the fourth bar.