Lt. Commander
# 1 Ground pvp is stupid!
07-08-2011, 08:12 AM
Like really, read the title! It was better before, now its just a if i shoot first you die! if u shoot first i die! Very very very very very simple fix! Boost player health by 10-20% Boost player shields by 100% <shields should be the thing mainly keeping you alive! Same in space too though....
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-08-2011, 08:15 AM
I get what you're saying here.. but they just UN-did what your asking them to do.. frankly.. I agree that PvP needs a brush over.. but for now I'd say try to learn the new GC 2.0 changes and learn the little ways it can work in your favor. Going backwards to the 10-minute ground battles that took 20+ shots to kill an NPC or player is just absurd.

my 2c good luck!
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-08-2011, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenMirror
now its just a if i shoot first you die! if u shoot first i die!
It's time for me to make a Han Solo character. My only guarantee that I shoot first
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-08-2011, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
It's time for me to make a Han Solo character. My only guarantee that I shoot first
Do you really want to play a character that depends on George Lucas' mood for shooting first or second?
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-08-2011, 09:30 AM
I had a wee go of ground pvp this morning. I never played the old system cos ground was always a bit of a chore in the pve game for me.

Thoroughly enjoyed myself in new pvp, but i dunno if it can claim to be anything like balanced. It felt more like dumb luck than strategy was winning games for me.

I say this because it's not right taht as a 1st time pvp player I was top of kills and dmg tables in like 3 out of 5 games is it?? I mean i dunno the 1st thing about pvp! I certainly don't concern myself with in depth speccing etc. I mostly play foundry missions and the odd bit of space pvp.

Am a VA engineer, went and bought myself a purple pulsewave AP shotgun and a kit with fuse armour and weapon malfunction. Seemed to work well. Most other engineers i saw seemed too busy faffin around with turrets to avoid getting blasted.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-08-2011, 09:40 AM
I only played once so far but wow it seems even more screwed than before, Mikiy was right but well I expected this to happen without proper testing. Kirk kick took near all my hp. On the other hand it's very much like beta with the quick deaths.
Like Mikiy said you've got pretty no time to react to anything in a measured way, I just found myself slamming heal buttons then dying the second they wore off.

Might have been against some sort of premade though hard to tell now.

New ground does help highlight how the spawning system sucks though, it just creates a sort of steamroller as you get lost finding your dudes. Oh well I'll adapt I guess.

Also SPLIT THE DAMN SPACE AND GROUND SKILLS NOW.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-08-2011, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
Do you really want to play a character that depends on George Lucas' mood for shooting first or second?
It's bound to be better than the neglect we get from cryptic
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-08-2011, 09:47 AM
I kind of like the new ground combat. I think shields need to be boosted abit but then I've been having to pug it up against teams that have obviously been playing ground for about as long as I've been space pvping heh.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Ground pvp is stupid!
Well, yeah.
& the Sun is hot.
I hear there might be some other ground based shoot at things games out there, pretty much every single one of which is better than ground combat here. Some even play on game consoles.
"But this is Star Trek" you say.
Really? Cuz Golden attack Hortas & tactical Tribble stroking are canon?
I'm happy for anything that speeds up this horrible part of game play to get back to what IMO, STO does best, Space PVP.
So I'm glad that the S4 changes mean I'm going to have to spend LESS time on the ground.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-08-2011, 11:23 AM
"GROUND PvP...what is that?"

"Oh nothing, just keep flying."