Lt. Commander
# 21
07-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by booster42 View Post
I get what you're saying here.. but they just UN-did what your asking them to do.. frankly.. I agree that PvP needs a brush over.. but for now I'd say try to learn the new GC 2.0 changes and learn the little ways it can work in your favor. Going backwards to the 10-minute ground battles that took 20+ shots to kill an NPC or player is just absurd.

my 2c good luck!
I agree. We all need to spend some real time with the new system before we freak out. I do believe there are balance issues, and that combat might even be too fast, but I still prefer the new stuff to the old. It just needs some time to mature, which is as much about players adapting as it is about developers tweaking.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-09-2011, 12:36 PM
I agree that reactibility is what I'm missing the most in the transition.
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-09-2011, 12:46 PM
...there are still no open queues...thank to private matches most players just could`nt try pvp because no matches are open.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-09-2011, 12:50 PM
I used to do ground PvP but a few people made it not fun with their taking it too seriously.
Also, I was doing it wrong at first and got killed with 2 shots. I only wished I could do 1 or 2-shot kills in non PvP ground missions.

I have yet to try out season 4 ground PvP but ground missions are a lot more fun with season 4.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
I, too, have some concerns about the pacing and reactability of ground combat in PvP, and will be looking at this in between everything else to see what might be necessary.
I just hope nothing major gets fiddled with for a month or so. Let people actually learn how to fight with the new system before messing with it too much.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-09-2011, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellestad View Post
I just hope nothing major gets fiddled with for a month or so. Let people actually learn how to fight with the new system before messing with it too much.
Given Tacticals can freely 1-shot players with a shotgun, I don't think adapting to the new system has anything to do with it.

In all honesty, the new combat system is the same as the old one. The only difference is that there is new twists to weapons like the Pulsewave and Minigun, weapons now doing more damage, while players having less HPs. And shooter mode is just a gimick.
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-09-2011, 02:54 PM
It doesnt matter if Tacs can one shot with shotguns, they used to do it before now, just with lolerrifles.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-09-2011, 03:12 PM
But with the old way you had a bit of a warning time, now it's almost instantaneous.
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-09-2011, 03:59 PM
Step 1: Remove stealth on ground entirely.
Step 2: Raise shield strength
Step 3: Adjust healing, to be shield heal for engs, body heal for science, avoidance for tacs
Lt. Commander
1.) Shooter mode just doesn't work in the current fast pace of dying.
2.) Key tapping still happening. Actually a lot worse than before.
3.) New fire effect from grenades are terrible. It blankets my entire line of sight and I cannot see anything when my toon is running around with his *** on fire.
4.) When cover shield is deployed you can't tab target.
5.) In general when PvP is complete there is not time to see the scores when the team is dropped.