Lt. Commander
# 1 Borg Massacre
07-08-2011, 02:41 PM
First Question: Can you make uniforms that have "Dead Meat" written on the front and back that we can wear when we fight the borg? Second question: on shooters mode, is there a way to to modify the sniper rifle as to where you can choose one icon to shoot and disable the borg shield and second icon to take a sniper shot to the head and kill the borg. Third question: where do we purchase body bags for our teammates. Fourth question: can you make some nuc weapons specifically for ME?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Tongue-in-Cheek/Humorous answer follows:

1: That would be a very niche art asset, so maybe for Season Five.

2: That would require some sort of body zone tech to be added to the already new Shooter tech, so probably not in the near future.

3: I believe that you can replicate those from your ship these days or buy them at Drozana station.

4: Sadly, only Engineers have access to the Orbital Strike ability and it isn't all that potent.

After my last few ground encounters, I want to open up with Orbital Strike all the time, too.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-08-2011, 03:13 PM
The Borg were the only mobs I encountered since the new ground combat that didnīt cause a problem for me.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Same here, for the most part, and that included the one B'tran mission I did without using remodulation just to see how bad the adaptation debuff was. I wasn't hurting them very much, but I was getting by.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-08-2011, 03:47 PM
If this is what ground combat is going to be like for the Borg invasion events, I may skip participating altogether. It's going to be no fun to try and participate when it could become 'way' too much work to complete any of the missions coming.

I am starting to feel that all of this was overcompensated. It's going to be the worry word for me until Normal mode 'feels' Normal. No less with the Borg than any other ground combat. I worry what this means for the DOFF system as well.

Maybe I'm just a big fat baby, but I thought enjoying this game was the point. That feels it went for excitement over enjoyment. And the rewards and satisfaction to be had, don't really feel like they will be had, just a sense of frustration, for completing any ground oriented combat. Breathing a sigh of relief, is not enjoyment. Just makes me worry about needing aspirin, or even heart medication, after enough of this.

Over the long term, I don't like the state of things, if things remain 'feeling' as unbalanced as this all is. Especially Borg combat, it all feels way too clunky. I feel I need to have canisters of warp plasma coolant with every away mission, as a last resort now.

I kinda feel.... humiliated. Sorry, but to be honest, I'm feeling that way now. The devs do a lot of great work, but I just don't like the amount of damage we are taking. it's unbalanced to me.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleaic_Kerensky
If this is what ground combat is going to be like for the Borg invasion events, I may skip participating altogether. It's going to be no fun to try and participate when it could become 'way' too much work to complete any of the missions coming.

I am starting to feel that all of this was overcompensated. It's going to be the worry word for me until Normal mode 'feels' Normal. No less with the Borg than any other ground combat. I worry what this means for the DOFF system as well.

Maybe I'm just a big fat baby, but I thought enjoying this game was the point. That feels it went for excitement over enjoyment. And the rewards and satisfaction to be had, don't really feel like they will be had, just a sense of frustration, for completing any ground oriented combat. Breathing a sigh of relief, is not enjoyment. Just makes me worry about needing aspirin, or even heart medication, after enough of this.

Over the long term, I don't like the state of things, if things remain 'feeling' as unbalanced as this all is. Especially Borg combat, it all feels way too clunky. I feel I need to have canisters of warp plasma coolant with every away mission, as a last resort now.

I kinda feel.... humiliated. Sorry, but to be honest, I'm feeling that way now. The devs do a lot of great work, but I just don't like the amount of damage we are taking. it's unbalanced to me.
Yeah, I'm beginning to think buying a lifetime sub so soon after coming back was a mistake. I also seem to think for the most part my prediction was correct, Ground Combat 2.0 is not going over as well with the masses as the devs and the....excessive fans said it would.

One thing I liked about STO is I actually felt powerful....yeah that's gone. Might as well go play another game with more content now.
Lt. Commander
# 7 I'm more concerned about space
07-09-2011, 10:27 AM
While the game PvE on elite has always been contentious - plenty of OP NPC's reported prior to the S4 update, I truly don't know how Cryptic thought this would improve the player experience. I feel like a tin-soldier now.

And in space it is even worse - by far. PvP has been ruined for me as a healer. The margin is simply to much to heal yourself and still successfully heal the amount of damage being dished out with the weapon boosts + shield reductions. It's a big turn away for me. The Achilles heal.