Lt. Commander
# 21
07-08-2011, 05:43 PM
Really liking the look of the ship. Can't wait to see the finished in-game render.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-08-2011, 05:46 PM
There is a typo in your entry - it's spelled 'Canon', not cannon. The ship is shaping up nicely for what it is
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-08-2011, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek17
problem with that is that no ship at Tier 5 has two Commander stations, so that would too overpowered (and people complain that cruisers are overpowered enough as is)
There's only one Commander station in that BOff layout.

As for the layout itself. If you're going to have a Universal slot on a Federation ship, best to leave it at one. Also, while I personally favor a Universal Commander slot, a better layout, less apt to make Klinks cry foul, would be something like...

Commander Eng.
Universal Lt. Cmdr.
Lt. Tactical
Lt. Science
Ensign Eng.

This way it can flex between Tac and Sci while remaining a Cruiser, or can even go all-out Tank
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-08-2011, 05:50 PM
I'll take two.

It's really coming along nicely... any idea when we'll see it in game?
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
There's only one Commander station in that BOff layout.

As for the layout itself. If you're going to have a Universal slot on a Federation ship, best to leave it at one. Also, while I personally favor a Universal Commander slot, a better layout, less apt to make Klinks cry foul, would be something like...

Commander Eng.
Universal Lt. Cmdr.
Lt. Tactical
Lt. Science
Ensign Eng.

This way it can flex between Tac and Sci while remaining a Cruiser, or can even go all-out Tank
I like that setup! What would you do for the consoles?
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-08-2011, 05:57 PM
You guys have not departed NEARLY enough from it being a Sovereign clone.

From the front its a little different, but in all other views it might as well be another Sovvie skin.

I do not like the shape and detail on the saucer at all. I really see no reason it couldn't have been closer to the artists intentions. It even has the same arrowhead substructure as the sovereign.

Do something else!
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-08-2011, 05:58 PM
Ok im starting to dig it now. looking forward to seeing in game.

I would love to see this show up in spacedock and see it being built leading up to the reveal launch.

heck you could add a mission to stop Undine saboteurs etc from stopping the construction.

Every few days or week show the construction farther along...

That would be awesome to be able to fly around it in a shuttle and inspect it up close.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-08-2011, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
You guys have not departed NEARLY enough from it being a Sovereign clone.

From the front its a little different, but in all other views it might as well be another Sovvie skin.

I do not like the shape and detail on the saucer at all. I really see no reason it couldn't have been closer to the artists intentions. It even has the same arrowhead substructure as the sovereign.

Do something else!
I view it like this. The difference between the Original and refit vs the leap from A to D sure later we saw the B and C. And the B was even an existing class of ship.

So i see it as a more subtle refit. The enterprise adding new tech from other designs.

But now that i think of it. Wasnt the J almost all saucer and tiny 2ndary and engines? I i dont see the trend of slimmer then jumping back to saucer. So i Suppose the G, H, and I might start to round out again?

Was there a different J then the tiny pic from an enterprise screen that i havent seen?
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-08-2011, 06:05 PM
I really, really like that render! I could totally see that as the new Enterprise!

One thing does confuse me a little, though.... looking at the 3-view perspective, it looks like the saucer flows into the necks which flow into the hull.

I can't imagine how saucer separation would look remotely "okay"? I can't see any lines that would make sense for saucer separation. Maybe surface details would clarify it for me.

Not that I really need saucer separation. The Sovereign doesn't do it in-game and I don't know if it was capable of it in canon sources. It's just a cool idea. I'd be happy with some other special feature.
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-08-2011, 06:06 PM
Wow... That ship certainly looks worthy enough to be called Enterprise. I've been rocking a Galaxy Retrofit for a while now.... This might actually get me to finally change my ship.