Lt. Commander
# 21
07-10-2011, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Richardson View Post
We already have a new class that could work as an excelsior refit skin, and it would solve another problem at the same time.

The Dedication Class from the Ent-Fail contest.
Do you have a picture of that ship?

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yreodred
Do you have a picture of that ship?

Live long and prosper.
i think he means this one: http://www.startrekonline.com/enterp...lery?share=869
it does say 'Dedication Class' on the bottom right, faintly, but it's there
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-11-2011, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek17
i think he means this one: http://www.startrekonline.com/enterp...lery?share=869
Oh, I could more than live with this ... even if a seperate ship class with the same stats.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-11-2011, 06:04 PM
I think that making all the different types of nacelles available for all ships would go a long way for all kinds of ships to get a more modern and unique look. Sure some nacelles are bigger/smaller then others but then making a smaller/bigger version available with the same geometry and textures doesn't take too much work in a 3D program. The smaller to bigger conversion might need a better resolution texture. That's all.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-12-2011, 01:19 AM
Quote:
It looks more like a modernized Constitution to me than a Excelsior.
I never liked such exposed Nacelles and fragile looking pylons.
The Saucer-Neck-Hull configuration looks nice, but the pylons look like they could snap every second.

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-12-2011, 06:54 AM
I also support more options for pimping out one's Excelsior. I'm really not a huge fan of how it looks and it could definitely use some more customization options.

And as I say in every thread I jump into pertaining the Excelsior, it also should come with a Captain's Teacup.
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-13-2011, 12:12 AM
My problem with most of the designs show here is that they go beyond a refit, a refit means in general you keep the same hull structure you simply improve on the systems within it. It makes so sense to cut out a piece of the hull and replace, if you go that far building a new ship takes less time for a better unit.

Other problem is most just say I want a sovereign not some excelsior so I put sovy nacelles on my excelsior.

To me the Excelsior should remain like it is, the old lady God bless her.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-13-2011, 12:40 AM
I don't agree that Excelsior needs a completely new model variant from bow to stern. With my T2 Constitution, I merely used the Excalibur's struts and nacelles to give a 2409 spin without completely ruining the core design. All Excelsior requires is an original set of struts and nacelles to do the same thing here.
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-13-2011, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi'a Meese
I don't agree that Excelsior needs a completely new model variant from bow to stern. With my T2 Constitution, I merely used the Excalibur's struts and nacelles to give a 2409 spin without completely ruining the core design. All Excelsior requires is an original set of struts and nacelles to do the same thing here.
yeeeeeah... i don't think that's gonna work for some people
Yreodred in particular thinks the entire core design of the Excelsior is terrible, so he wants something entirely different as an alternative ship skin, i'm sure (if i'm wrong, correct me Yreodred )
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-13-2011, 02:47 PM
Quote:
yeeeeeah... i don't think that's gonna work for some people
Yreodred in particular thinks the entire core design of the Excelsior is terrible, so he wants something entirely different as an alternative ship skin, i'm sure (if i'm wrong, correct me Yreodred )
You are correct.
But thats just one opinion, of course.

I think the T5 Excelsior is just a too good ship to restrict it to those who like the Excelsior appearance.
Personally i love the stats of that ship but i really despise it's appearance.
(not just the Excelsior but also the sovereign, which is just a lame excelsior copy.)

So if someone is not a big fan of that design, there are only the other cruisers, which do not have that much firepower and such a turn rate, to be as nearly effective (and fun to fly) IMHO.

Of course all that is just a matter of personal taste, but i really don't like the overly streched nacelles on both ships (Excelsior and Sovereign). Especially the Excelsiors bulky hull and it's much too small saucer look awful in my eyes.
(I really swiched back to my Star Cruiser because i was really disgusted by having that design in front of my nose everytime i log in. It's really not that much fun to fly but at least i don't have the urge to puke anymore )

So i would like to see another but still "excelsior" -ish styled ship.
(this one was one of the concept ship that where made to be the excelsior)
http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Ex..._Rodis_bis.jpg
I think it looks like a great compromise for everyone, the Excelsior fans and those who don't like the Excelsior design.
(at least it looks real powerful and fast IMO)

Someone made this ship for the "next Enterprise Contest", it reminds me of the concept excelsior ship, just much more modern.
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/...t-F_Vektor.jpg
I think something like this could be a real good alternative Excelsior.
What do you guys think?

Live long and prosper.